What do I do now?

Dumping water this weekend...not knowing my actual CYA (over 100), do you think I could get by with 50% drain? Or should we just keep going and get rid of it all?

you can find out pretty close :)

take 1 quart pool water and 1 quart tap water and mix together, use that to do your CYA test, then multiply by 2

Great! Final CYA of 70. It's a personal choice now. I keep mine around 60-70 in the blistering summer. You might like it at 70 as well as long as you ensure to keep the FC in the 6-9 range - never below 5. Of course if you ever have to SLAM, it means an FC of 28, but if you stay on top of things that shouldn't be an issue. So it's really your call now.

Homer, a couple of us were talking behinds the scenes and wanted to make sure of something just one more time ... please bear with us okay ... when you said
70 is what I'm getting without x2
does that mean the solution was diluted like mentioned above (meaning you would still need to multiply it), or was the 70 your final no-kidding, non-diluted CYA result?

We're sticklers about this one. :)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
From your update above, you appear to have an actual CYA of between 120-140, so yes, more draining is required. Whether you can drain more now or need to refill to avoid going too low is up to you depending upon the ground stability under/around your pool. I suspect that ground is packed pretty hard, but you probably know best.

I'm glad you guys do ask questions. Sometimes I think I'm overthinking this process, which really is quite simple. And then I start thinking I'm an idiot for asking the same question 5 different ways. I'll get it, with all your guys help. Thanks!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.