Help! New pool owner idiot here.

May 1, 2016
Marlboro
New pool. I did STFA but I'm confused....just had inground pool put in...concrete pad installed and can't seem to get filter going to get dust out. I have a suspicion concrete guys may have tried. Apologize in advance for noobie question....but...does this look like it's all in the right position?

Attachments

• 20160501_064050.jpg
    20160501_064050.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 93
  • 20160501_064046.jpg
    20160501_064046.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 92
Hi! I am glad your found TFP! I would love to help you with your problem BUT I am unsure what the problem is.

You say you just had a pool put in but cannot get the filter going............has the pool builder been out to show you how everything works? Why would the concrete guys have tried?

I think you wanted to attach a picture but there is not one in your post. You can use photobucket with the img tag to put pics in your posts.

I will keep checking to see your picture and answers.

Kim:cat:

I do have a manual vaccuum. I do not, however have permission to walk on the concrete. :) I felt like maybe the valve thingy was in the wrong setting
Worked great yesterday. Today not so much.

- - - Updated - - -

And there is water in the pump and it is turning on but nothing seems to be getting cleaned out.

Cannot walk on the concrete as in the stuff around the pool? Well no vacuuming for you then LOL

It looks like you have a sand filter. I wonder if the plaster dust has been filtered and your sand need to be backwashed. Do you have any idea what the pressure gauge on the filter was at when it was first turned on? That would be your clean pressure. We suggest you backwash when the pressure gets 20% above the clean pressure.

I do see a blue backwash hose...........Do you have the manual to your filter? If not look it up on line. Here are some important tips:

-You NEVER turn the handle on the filter with the pump on!

-You only turn the handle in ONE direction (this saves the spider gasket under the handle)

-After your backwash you do a rinse cycle or two (read your manual)

Kim

It does look like where it should be.......it is doing the skimmer and main drain. If you move it so it points at the skimmer the main drain will not be pulling any water and if you move it to the main drain the skimmer will not be pulling any water. If you move it 180 from where it is now it is closed and nothing pulls water.

I bet this will help you quite a bit!

Three-Way Valve Port Information | Flow Control

Kim (fixing breakfast, back in a few)

Back.........Very interesting that the pressure went down instead of up........Okay try this for me.........turn the valve to skimmer only and see what the pressure is then. Then turn it to main drain and see what the pressure is.

Kim

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Very interesting! I would turn it to both skimmer and main drain (middle arrow) for now and ask your PB what he thinks is going on. I would have all of your "tests" written out to show him what you are talking about. I have an idea or two BUT do not want to say anything until you talk to him. HE holds your warranty card!

Kim:cat:

Ok...turns out the water level was a bit low and needed a major back washing. Filter is up and running well now. I was back washing for a minute and it needed a solid three minutes to clear out..lesson learned ...tHanks for the help..now I need to tackle the pool LED light deal next. Lol

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.