Through the pool wall fittings question - threaded inside?

Jul 11, 2015
West Richland, WA
I have an idea to experiment with some custom plumbing inside the pool. It will require the return line to have female pipe threads on the inside of the fitting in the wall of the pool.
Presently setting up a 9x18 Bestway with Intex sand filter, SWG, & Intex hoses but will need to switch to hard plumbing to make this modification work.
So what I need is a wall fitting for hard plumbing that also has female threads on the inside of the fitting on the inside of the pool wall.
It would be nice to also have the large male threads for the eyeball if my other idea does not work.

I think I have seen pictures of exactly what I need here somewhere but can't find them again.

Thanks for any suggestions,
Dave

Patrick, Thanks for the reply.
Yes you got the picture, a bulkhead fitting from my local tank & spray equipment place would do it nicely for my experiment.
It would be nice to accomplish the same thing and still have the big outside threads for the bulls eye so I could change from one to the other without having to replace the entire wall fitting. (or if my idea doesn't work out ;-)
Hence my question if there is any pool fitting that would do both?

What kind of wall fitting do people use in a soft sided pool when they hard plumb?
Intex with adapter to pvc threads?
Or are there a wall fittings with standard pipe threads that still have the threads for the strainer or bulls eye?
I expect there are but they may not have any threads on the inside.

Thanks again, Dave

A standard aboveground pool wall fitting has 1½" female threads inside the pool and the eyeball fitting has 1½" male threads that thread into the wall fitting. So, a standard wall fitting should do exactly what you want.

watermark.axd

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.