New Pool Build Houston area

That looks awesome!

Have you been bonding with it? aka watering it? You need to water it at least twice a day. This will help slow the curing down. There may still be a few small cracks but nothing you could fit a finger in. You can use a sprinkler when you get tired to boding LOL

:kim:

Yes, Kim, I just finished and will water again a little later. it took about 20 minutes, does that sound about right? The pool builder told me to start today. It supposed to rain the next couple of days and that might help. I have 3 teenagers in the house to assist too!

could you send me the links you always send new pool owners? I like to get stuff in my head early ��.

Thanks for your help!
Linda

Sure will Linda!

Also do you have your test kit yet? Now is the time to order it if your PB is not giving you the good one.

This is the link to run by your PB as he holds your warranty card.

Pool School - Start-up New Plaster

Here are the links for new owners:

Print these out:
Pool School - Basic Pool Care Schedule

Pool School - Recommended Levels

Bookmark these:
Pool School - Recommended Pool Chemicals

http://www.troublefreepool.com/calc.html

Pool School - ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry

Make sure to ask any and all questions you might have no matter how small! We have all been where you are at one point.

Sure will Linda!

Also do you have your test kit yet? Now is the time to order it if your PB is not giving you the good one.

This is the link to run by your PB as he holds your warranty card.

Pool School - Start-up New Plaster

Here are the links for new owners:

Print these out:
Pool School - Basic Pool Care Schedule

Pool School - Recommended Levels

Bookmark these:
Pool School - Recommended Pool Chemicals

http://www.troublefreepool.com/calc.html

Pool School - ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry

Make sure to ask any and all questions you might have no matter how small! We have all been where you are at one point.

Thanks Kim,

i have read so much on this site that has been helpful in the whole process up to this point. Many of the questions I have had have been answered even before I thought of them! I am ordering the test kit this week. I haven't even asked what they are giving me, I'm just going to get a good one anyway. From talking to all the builders we interviewed, it became obvious that they build pools....not take care of pools. I am so thankful I found this site! Thanks for all your help.

Love the marking tiles! Awesome progress! What is next and when?

Plumbing and electrical should happen the end of this week. They completed the tile and coping 2 days earlier than the builder thought they would. The equipment arrives tomorrow so I hope the work continues through this week.

The decking is going to take a good 5-7 days and they have to finish the plumbing and electrical first and then a city inspection before the decking starts.

The marking tiles were samples and we had just enough to do the steps. I think it looks nice. It's the one bit of "bling" we have used and it was free :)!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Tell and Coping almost done. Got our test kit this week. Will update signature later this evening and try to take preliminary tests later this week. Here's some pictures.

View attachment 52865View attachment 52866View attachment 52868View attachment 52867

Those tiles look great!! We used samples for ours too (maybe some of those same ones!) and the PB put them in place for us himself at no charge. They look so sparkly and I think they shine just a little more when they're free! Any progress?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Electrical and plumping are done. Equipment is in. Decking starts Tuesday (if the weather holds). Ready for it to be done. The mounds of dirt and the ditches in my yard are getting old, even though it's been just a month. Thankful for the rain yesterday and today though!

i love the way the tiles turned out. I think they are going to look really nice.

Yes! Finally...decking done and after a wait because of the rain, plaster was done today and we are starting to fill.msee pics below. Here is the test of my tap water.

FC: 1.5
CC: .5
TC: 2
CH: 100
TA: 100 (about) had a little trouble knowing when it was right so between 90 and 110.
PH: 7.5

i will update my signature in a bit. We have been out of Internet for a few days... Fence guys cut the line��

image.jpgimage.jpg

The Pool is full and equipment started. Lights aren't working but we will wait til after the Holiday to get with the builder to figure that out. The Landscaping should be done by the middle of next week. We had a bunch of rain today so the mud pit in my back yard is worse. Guys were trying fix the irrigation system but weren't able to finish.

We swim tomorrow!!! Yeah! The Kids are so excited

image.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.