Been on here a while never posted

Jul 23, 2015
dothan
Hey everyone,

I've been on here for about 9 months, never posted anything just reading and learning. I've been doing the pool maintenance on my pools for the last couple of years. I was flying with the seat of my pants on the chemical levels, but I think I have finally figured these things out. For the past couple of years I've had a 15 foot round summer escapes pool, didn't really have to worry about the chemicals being correct, because I always drained and stored the pool over the winter. I upgraded to a 24 foot round summer escape pool, this one I won't be draining every winter so I need my chemicals as close as possible. I had add some PHdown because my TA was at 180 and my PH was at 7.9. I was a little skeptical at first, but with the pool calculator is was confident. I add the acid on Tuesday morning and started aerating so my PH wasn't to low. I checked the Ph after a couple of hours and it was at 7.6, and my TA was at 130. I plan on checking my TA on Sunday to see where it is at and go from there. MY FC was at .5 on Monday so I added some liquid chlorine that I bought at Walmart which is 10 percent chlorine. Clorox bleach is 8.25. I added half a gallon and the FC is at 2.0. I ordered a CYA tester since my test kit doesn't have one, I should have it on Wednesday.

Yea, I have been through it a couple of times. At first it was like over my head, but after going through it a couple of times, I figured out. It really isn't that hard, you just have to stay on top of things, if not you will have a mess.