Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: SAM light fixture

1. Back To Top    #1

SAM light fixture

SAM light fixture not coming on. Is this a simple matter of replacing a bulb? Any suggestions?
    14,500 gal pool
    Inground
    Plaster
    Intellichlor Salt Generator
    Water Fall

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: SAM light fixture

I'd check the electrical connections first, the SAMs have 2 bulbs and it seems unlikely that both would have blown at the same time ... unless there was some sort of power surge.

If the electrical is all good, you can pull the light up to the deck, disassemble it and check the bulbs - Ace Hardware often has replacement bulbs for 1/2 the price of OEM bulbs - bring one with you and match it up

I hope this has been "enlightening"
    Luv& Luk
    -Ted

Having done construction and service for 4 pool companies in 4 states starting in 1988, what I know about pools could fill a couple of books - what I don't know could fill a couple of libraries :-D

POOL SCHOOL, TF Testkits, Jason's Pool Calculator, CYA vs. cl chart, (Just a few DARNED handy links!)

3. Back To Top    #3

Quote Originally Posted by waste
    I'd check the electrical connections first, the SAMs have 2 bulbs and it seems unlikely that both would have blown at the same time ... unless there was some sort of power surge.

If the electrical is all good, you can pull the light up to the deck, disassemble it and check the bulbs - Ace Hardware often has replacement bulbs for 1/2 the price of OEM bulbs - bring one with you and match it up

I hope this has been "enlightening"

Thanks a lot. I suppose I need to turn off all power to check the connections. Right?
    14,500 gal pool
    Inground
    Plaster
    Intellichlor Salt Generator
    Water Fall

4. Back To Top    #4

It's best to kill the breaker when playing with the lights, pump, etc, anything electrical

However, if you're using a voltmeter to test for power, the breaker and switch has to be on.
    Luv& Luk
    -Ted

Having done construction and service for 4 pool companies in 4 states starting in 1988, what I know about pools could fill a couple of books - what I don't know could fill a couple of libraries :-D

POOL SCHOOL, TF Testkits, Jason's Pool Calculator, CYA vs. cl chart, (Just a few DARNED handy links!)

5. Back To Top    #5

In the Industry

Lamp, 75 watt, Eyc, MR-16, Sa 150 watt, 2 req. That's the bulb(s) for the SAm.
    http://www.swimmingpool.com/

"Leave the gun...take the cannolis"