Replacing agp liner yourself

Jun 6, 2010
Central Indiana
We have a leak in our pool. Losing 1-2 inches per day but have been unable to find the leak. We tried using the leak dye but not luck. Just put some "fix a leak" in it today and am hoping it fixes the leak(s) but if not may have to go with a new liner. Local pool stool said it cost around 2k for a new liner and installation and they couldn't do it until the end of June. I have found several liners online for $200 or less, so I can't see paying the pool store 1800$ more to install it. So some questions

1) any tips on how to find the leak before we replace the liner? It's only 4-5 years old
2) If liner does need replaced is it feasible to do it ourselves? any tips on what to buy and any advice or instructions on install.

We called around until we found a company that did it using some thingy LOL They put it in the pool and pulled it around the bottom. They had some kind of display that spiked when the thing in the water found the itty,bitty teensy, tiny pinprick hole. I got in with my mask on and patched it.

Good luck....I wish I knew what it was they used. It was a while ago and I have forgotten what they said...I THINK it used a magnet but am not sure.

Kim:cat:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.