New to Pool owning

Apr 30, 2016
Riverview fl
I just bought my first house with a pool, it was full but pump and filter were off, I just started it but not sure if all valves are in the right position, jets are working but I don't see anything going in thru the pool skimmer. Any suggestions?

Hello and welcome to TFP! :wave: Nothing like owning your first pool huh? :confused: Might be a good idea to take a couple pics of your equipment pad so we can see what you have to work with. You can also update your signature with your info as well. You can do that by going to the top of the TFP web page (just under the Pool School button) and select "SETTINGS". On the next page look to the left for a menu bar that says, “MY SETTINGS” and go to "EDIT SIGNATURE" to enter your pool and equipment info there. It will help us later. This link may also help you: Pool School - Read This BEFORE You Post.

With a little bit of details about your pool and equipment, we should be able to give you some instructions on your equipment. Nice to have you with us!

- - - Updated - - -

For posting pics:
Have you tried linking your photos from Photobucket? That's what many of us do here on TFP. Upload your pics to Photobucket (free), then copy & paste the IMG code for that pic from Photobucket to your TFP post. Works great.

Also, you can try going to the bottom of your quick reply post where it says “Go Advanced”, and then down to where it says “Manage Attachments”. It may let you upload them that way. They may show-up large because you can't adjust the size of the attachment, but it may work.