What's the best way to add calcium chloride

Vinyl pools generally don't need much calcium. Can you post test results to confirm?
I just found a few posts about vinyl and calcium I didn't know that it's not necessary in a vinyl pool , the test showed that ch was 70 I thought I had to add it that's why I asked , so I guess I'm good at 70 thanks for your help I'm still finding my way around the site thanks again for your help

As long as you're not having some kind of strange water clarity issue or foaming of some kind, low CH in a vinyl pool is generally not a problem per se. If you get a lot of rain water spillover in your area or your fill water is very soft, then it's often a good idea to have some calcium chloride on hand to bump it up if it goes below 50ppm or so. Other than that, there's really no reason to add CH as long as you keep you pH and TA at recommended levels.

Are you testing your own water regularly?

As long as you're not having some kind of strange water clarity issue or foaming of some kind, low CH in a vinyl pool is generally not a problem per se. If you get a lot of rain water spillover in your area or your fill water is very soft, then it's often a good idea to have some calcium chloride on hand to bump it up if it goes below 50ppm or so. Other than that, there's really no reason to add CH as long as you keep you pH and TA at recommended levels.

Are you testing your own water regularly?
Yes we had rain twice this week today was my first chance to test it and more rain coming tonight I have another question what's the best way to test for accurate ph here's my results from today fc was 0 ,ph was between 7.5 and 8.2 ,TA was 70 ,ch was 70 , cya was 20 I used the pool calculater and it told me to add 80 oz of bleach (Walmart brand) ,76oz of arm n hammer ,and 38 oz of cya , I added the bleach and waited an hour I just added baking soda now I was goin to run filter as usual ( 6 hours on 6 hours off its pumps the pool 2.5 times in 6hours) I was goin to recheck in about 2 hrs and see where I'm at , I'm using TF 100 test kit any suggestions on any other test kits as far as the ph is concerned thank you for your help

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.