Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Raleigh NC PB

1. Back To Top    #1

Raleigh NC PB

I am in need of any recommendations of a pool builder in the raleigh area as I live in Garner just south of Raleigh. I am also considering doing it myself. Any recommendations of online pool kits would be helpful also. I am looking for a vinyl liner 20 x 40 or 18 x 36...
    Freeform 18' X 36: 20,100 Gallons: 2" piping, 1HP Pentair Whisperflo, Pentair Triton II Tr-60 filter,Pentair IC-40 Chlorine generator, dual main drains,3 returns,

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Re: Raleigh NC PB

Both Rising Sun Pools and Jim Hinson Pools are closeby, and have good histories. Good Luck!
    http://www.swimmingpool.com/

"Leave the gun...take the cannolis"

3. Back To Top    #3

Bump

I am in the same boat. I have been searching dealers but I still don't know who is "best"

Captiol will not even call me back?

So right now we are leaning to Rising Son's

Opinions

4. Back To Top    #4

I was real happy with Dixon Pools out of Burlington. I know they work in the Triangle also. I know PoolSide in Mebane does great work too. I've inspected their jobs. My big decision point was to focus on a company with a physical retail store.... seemed to be less of a risk.

I did my build recently and would be happy to talk to you. (i'm in Chapel HIll during the day)
    Grant and Jerri
    Liberty, NC
    New 18x36 vinyl liner pool with lighting and fountain

5. Back To Top    #5

Not sure but if you are looking for a concrete or Viking fiberglass pool, we will be glad to give you a free estimate. We offer a self-install package on our fiberglass pools that make them very affordable while we still provide the shell, all equipment and onsite supervision during installation to make sure the pool is set correctly. Let me know if I can help you out.
    Frank Bowman

http://www.SplashPoolsMD.com
    http://www.FrankBowman.com

Authorized Dealer: Pebble Tec, Paramount, Aquamatic Covers, Pentair, Crystal Fountains, Jandy, Hayward

6. Back To Top    #6

HI,
    Please see correction...Rising Sun Pools not Horizon.
    I used Aquatic Creations in Cary. John Hartley is the owner and treated us extremely well, not to mention we have a beautiful pool! I couldn't even get Rising Sun Pools to come back and give me a quote when they knew we were ready to build! I figured they probably wouldn't be much on the service end if they didn't respond BEFORE I gave them money! You can email AQ at: john@aquaticcreationsnc.com

Good luck!
    Peggy
    Cary, NC

25,000 gal
    SWG Aqua Rite T-Cell
    IG plaster
    Pentair 1.5 Whisper Flo Pump
    Stay Rite Filter System 3 Mod Media 300 sq. ft
    Heater- Stay Rite Max E-therm 400K
    Polaris 3/4 hp

7. Back To Top    #7

I would stay away from Pool Side at all costs as they are not even a registered business with the state of nc also stay away from Backyard retreat in durham as they are part of pool side.
    Freeform 18' X 36: 20,100 Gallons: 2" piping, 1HP Pentair Whisperflo, Pentair Triton II Tr-60 filter,Pentair IC-40 Chlorine generator, dual main drains,3 returns,

8. Back To Top    #8

I run accross a pool builder this week in my deliveries with Old Dominion Freight in the Greensboro Area..I'm pretty sure they do all N.C.Mackie Brother's of Blue Haven Pools..They do concrete pool's..But they had started with vinyl pool's this year and were going to start with aboveground's too...Very nice people,While there they had sold another vinyl lined pool..I was talking to Todd MaCKIE AND HIS NUMBER IS 336-299-9902..I was discussing the Web site&BBB method to him..He seemed to be very interested about it and told him he needed to check it out...You may want to give them a call..336-299-9902 or 336-297-9908,,www.mbipools.com
    Leasure bay AG 24ft,52 in high.installed June of 1999. Hayworth S-180 T sand filter/Power-Flo Matrix 1horse 2 speed pump /Aqua Trol SWG/Using TF-100 Test Kit

9. Back To Top    #9

you should PM duraleigh (owner of TFP)...he built his own pool, right in your backyard
    24'x52" AGP (13,500 Gallons), Intex SWG, (2)Solar Bear 4x20 panels, Hayward S220T Filter, 1/2hp Pentair Superflo

Pool School, TFTestKits, Pool Calculator

10. Back To Top    #10

In the Industry

I'll be of no help. I don't have any knowledge of any of the poolbuilders.
    Dave S. - Forum owner
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

11. Back To Top    #11

Come on Dave. Just bop over there and build it for them. You've got it down pat now
    Lynn

16x38 FG, 20,400G, 1HP/2sp Tristar pump, Hayward 425sq ft cart. filter, Pro Logic4, SWCG, 3 returns, 2 main drains, 1 skimmer, 4 Pentair deck jets, Hayward Phantom pressure cleaner/booster pump, TF-100 of course :-)orthofish-s-pool-build-finally-t13179.html

12. Back To Top    #12

Quote Originally Posted by duraleigh
    I'll be of no help. I don't have any knowledge of any of the poolbuilders.

Sorry Dave...I was referring to the comment about attempting to build on their own.
    24'x52" AGP (13,500 Gallons), Intex SWG, (2)Solar Bear 4x20 panels, Hayward S220T Filter, 1/2hp Pentair Superflo

Pool School, TFTestKits, Pool Calculator