High FC with swg and heater

tckgj

LifeTime Supporter
Jun 7, 2014
Grand Junction, CO
OK I have another question. I am a few days into the water balancing act with a new pool and currently trying to get CYA up and FC down. I've gotten the CYA from 0 to 10 in the past 48 hour and I just added more. I am going slowly because I am afraid of overshooting my goal of 60-70. The shape of my pool makes it hard to estimate gallon size but I think its between 21-24k. We are in a temporary cold spell this week so my heater is being used more. Therefore I have the VS pump running @1400 24 hours/day so the heater will work when it wants to. The factory default of the autopilot digital SWG was 50%. That took my FC to 5. I lowered it to 25% and the FC was still climbing. I lowered it to 15% yesterday and the FC is now at 8.5. The cell power level is 1. I am concluding that cannot run the pump this much. Given this info and the test results below, do you have any suggestions for timing the pump and should I raise the rpm when it's running? Will the swg and the Raypak heater automatically shut off when the pump is off or do I need to set them to do that?

Thanks in advance.

Latest chemistry using TF-100 kit

Salt content- 2900
FC- 8.5 (I cannot take the cover off the pool to drive it down because it has been near constant rain for 4 days here)
pH- 7.5
TA- 60
CH- 75 (I just ordered 50# of calcium chloride flakes online)
CYA- about 10. The lowest mark on the cylinder is 20 and I can still see the dot but it's not zero like it was a few days ago

Most SWGs and all heaters have flow switches that will shut them off if no water flow is detected. I am not familiar with the Autopilot swg. My SWG is wired to its own time clock so I can set the run time independent of the pump run time. I also run my pump quite a bit more than my SWG for solar heat standby, extra leaf skimming, etc.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.