Help just woke up to a Pump issue

May 12, 2009
Just woke up to find water coming out of my dough boy pump....got to looking and the strainer assembly on my pump is broke (6 year old unit) basically the piece that holds the clear lid on has cracked and now lid can't stay on. My question is do we order entire new strainer assembly part ($135 from doughboy) or can I or should I just replace the entire pump (6/7 years old) and if I can re-place does it have to be a doughboy model or can I go to Lowes or any where else and get another brand as long as it is the same hp?

I had just got CYA and SLAM finished and now it looks beautiful but NO pump.....to circulate water....:(

Thanks

You might first look at your model number for the pump assembly and see if you can just order the "wet end" and replace it. You could even call Doughboy and explain what happened. They might assist with a replacement or at least make sure you have the proper model number replacement. In the meantime, see if you can get hold of a submersible pump (rental perhaps) just so you can maintain some sort of circulation.

Thanks..I will try to call doughboy...we live in a very rural area limited pool stores but we do have a Lowes....if I have to I can purchase a pool pump there....will it work with the rest of my doughboy components? universal hose fittings etc...My current powerpak is a 3/4 could I go up to a 1hp if needed...???

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.