PH help

I have to say I was excited to test my pool to see just were we were! I need to adjust my signature page to include specifics for my pool for you guys that are so helpful! I have a 30000 IG SWG pentair it was set st 100% crystal clear water...here are my results
FC 8
CC 0
TC 8
Ph 7.5
TA 80
CYA 50
And for my calcium it didn't turn red just a very light pink, I added several drops and it never turned blue????
I did just add all my chemicals on Wed night! Thanks in advance?

Those numbers look pretty good, although your CYA should be a minimum of 70 for an SWG pool. As for your CH ... turning red/pink after adding the 3 drops of R-0011 simply means you have calcium in the water just like most all of us. But it should eventually turn blue when adding the R-0012. It's possible you have a very high calcium content. Still, here are a couple notes from the extended test kit instructions that may help:
The sample may turn purple during the test, or go to blue for a moment and then turn back to red/pink. This is called a "fading endpoint" and is caused by interference from metal ions. If this happens, do the test again, but this time add five drops of R-0012 before adding any R-0010 or R-0011L. Remember to count the initial five drops in the total.
In extreme cases, a fading endpoint may occur even when adding five drops of R-0012 at the start. If that happens, mix pool water with an equal quantity of distilled water, test that, and then multiply the result by two.

Finally, try testing your tap/fill water for CH. See what you get from there.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Im currently raising my cya currently at 30 since ill b going to salt water when it gets warmer. Mine called for 5 lbs too but i add only about 2 or 3 lbs at a time because last thing i want is to over on cya then have to drain some water.

First, can you add your pool details to your signature? SWG, plaster or vinyl liner, pump type, etc.

7.8 pH is on the high end of "ok". If it is always rising you should bump it down. If it stays around 7.8 that's ok, just anytime it gets slightly "purpler" than 7.8 time to bump it down again.

edit: Just read up thread, with a SWG you will always be fighting rising pH, so you should go ahead and bump it down.

This is why pool details in sigs are important :)

And yeah, you could back off your generating time, target is 6. It's not too high to swim, but you'll wear out your cell faster keeping it that high.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.