new pool, just opened it this week...

Apr 30, 2016
Merrick/NY
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
Hi all...just installed a pool over the winter and opened it this week. I grew up with a chlorine pool at my parents house, wish I paid more attention to the chemistry of maintaining a pool.
I have a SWG and I'm sure I will have a lot of questions as I try to learn the chemistry and all else needed for the pool.
I thank all of you in advance for your patience and support.
JB

Hello and welcome to TFP! :wave: Glad to have you with us. Make sure to browse the Pool School section (link below) and have your own "proper" test kit (TF-100 - link below) or Taylor K-2006. Those are a MUST. If you have any questions at all, just post them. Have a great weekend.

Thanks for the quick response! I already have aquacheck 7 test strips. Should I still buy the other test kit? If you say it's a good investment then I'll order it today.
Thanks again!
JB

Absolutely! Strips are often incorrect and mislead owners into making the wrong decisions chemically. Both the TF-100 and Taylor K-2006 are fantastic kits that will guarantee accurate results. You can compare them HERE. I can attest from my first purchase that the TF-100, which uses Taylor reagents, is a great buy. Make sure to order the "Speed Stir" regardless of which kit you get. Mix like a pro. :)

You will LOVE the test kit! I bought mine BEFORE I even got the pool LOL. I wanted to make sure I could do it. It is easy and fun to do.

Make sure to not add anything except chlorine until your test kit gets there. You do not want to have to drain any water to fix it by adding stuff you do not need.

Kim:cat:

Welcome to TFP. Pool School is where it's at n you can ask questions on the forums.