New to TFP, Nashville, TN

Rocket50

Gold Supporter
Apr 29, 2016
Nashville, TN
Hello all. I am new to TFP but been in a house with a pool for the last 12 years and have honestly hated every summer because of the pool. Nothing like dumping time and money into something and not being happy. I really hope to join the world of Trouble Free Pools since I have been hanging out in the world of Trouble Filled Pools. Ordering a test kit now.

Welcome Rocket50!

If you haven't already, head over to pool school and get some knowledge. It will make your pool experience much easier to know in advance what to expect when you get your test kit.

I just started with this stuff but I have been at it for about a month prior to joining here. It really works. Check out my other post if you want to see what can be done without a properly functioning filter, just chemical balancing!

I may not be quite qualified yet but welcome to TFP!

Rocket! I SO feel your pain! I hated the pool before I found TFP! SO much work and never could really enjoy it as there was always something it needed :(. I was SO pool stored that it ruined the liner! When the liner went I took the whole thing down and said NO more! LOL Welllllll hubby waited a little while then said he wanted another pool. I told him that IF he could find a way for me to take care of the pool withOUT the pool store we could think about. He did a quick search and found TFP! Look at me now! LOL I am mod of a *gasp* pool forum and LOVE my pool now! hehe

I bought the test kit BEFORE I even bought the pool to make sure I could do it. It IS fun and easy!

Let us know when your test kit gets there. Until then do some reading in the pool school area.

:hug: we got ya and it will oh so much easier now.

Kim:cat:

Welcome.

Your pool doesn't look like this, does it? I mean, being in Nashville and all...

webbpiercepoolpc150_med.jpeg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Wow! You guys are kinda crazy! Here goes. CL 1, pH 7.5, FC 1, CC 1, TC 2, CH 200, TA 100-110? (The color changed to red but then back to blue. Put in another drop and it did the same thing so 10 or 11 drops.), CYA 100. Thoughts and recommendations? I have a chlorine feeder but it doesn't seem to be working very well this year so I think my chlorine is down.

Good morning Rocket50! Not sure which test kit you ordered, but for the TF-100, here is a CYA dilution test you can do to try and narrow-down exactly how much over 100 your CYA is:
CYA Dilution Testing:
Add pool water to bottom of sticker.
Add tap water to top of sticker.
Shake.
Pour out half so mixture is to bottom of sticker.
Add reagent to top of sticker.
Shake.
Test outside with back to sun and tube at waist level.
Pour back and forth a few times to see if you get the same result.
Double the result.

You must lower that excessive CYA first before trying to do anything else. It's that important. Keep us posted.

If the CYA actually is 100, yes, a 50% exchange would lower it to 50. But remember that a CYA at 100 "might" actually be a little more. So don't be too disappointed if your CYA is slightly elevated after the first attempt. First & foremost, I always like to remind everyone to be cautious of the water level and don't drain too much at one time to avoid compromising the pool structure or liner.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support