Intex Krystal Clear Sand Pump's gauge is always in the red. Broken?

Apr 29, 2016
East Tn
Hey all,

this is our second season using our Intex sand pump. It's an awesome pump and is still working great! We are on day 2 of the swim season this year. I noticed today that the gauge does not move. It's consistently at about 55psi which seems very high and is way in the red. But the pump is working great. Excellent, strong return. I backwashed and rinsed it today. Last summer when the psi would get high, I'd do that and it would go down. Doesn't seem to make a difference this year. Is my gauge broken? Needs more sand? Any ideas?

My pump is 2800gph
My pool is a Coleman 18'
I am using a skimmer that I installed after purchase and all Intex hoses/plunger valves

TIA

Amanda, it's very possible your gauge just needs to be replaced. It happens. Better than replacing the whole pump/filter. I think on those pumps the gauge is mounted on the side and can be replaced. Should be an easy DIY item. You can order a replacement gauge from here at the TFTestkits.net page if you like. They are good quality and have it shipped to your front door. Just a thought. :) Have a nice weekend.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.