Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Polaris 360 and psi

1. Back To Top    #1

Polaris 360 and psi

I can't recall what I did last year...(nothing new...can't recall a lot of things) We have three returns, plus the dedicated return. When using the Polaris, I think I used to close down all the returns but the Polaris one. When I do that, however, psi shoots from 10 to 20 and connections on my SWG unit and filter start leaking. I know psi needs to come up for the Polaris to function, but is that jump too high? I tried it with one of the other returns open, but the unit didn't seem to work as well.
    Andrew
    25,000 gal IG Vinyl - PoolPilot SC48 SWG - Sta-Rite 1HP/System3 CF - AquaCal HeatPump - TF-100

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Polaris 360 and psi

The jump in PSI reflects the restriction on your water flow caused by the 360. It's big, but not extraordinary, and your equipment can certainly handle 20psi. Many pools operate well over that just for regular filtration.

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Polaris 360 and psi

Thanks! I was a little concerned with the leaking filter and SWG. Need to get some silicone lube and reposition those connections.
    Andrew
    25,000 gal IG Vinyl - PoolPilot SC48 SWG - Sta-Rite 1HP/System3 CF - AquaCal HeatPump - TF-100