Check out my chlorine pool :)

katherineutc

Silver Supporter
Dec 1, 2015
Concord, NC
I literally came in here to show off my pool... lol. I am just really excited because we have only owned this house for 5 months, and it has been a long journey to figure out pool care. I have never had a pool before. When we first moved in, I couldn't figure out how to turn on the pump (true story). I did this all on my own, with the help of this site, my husband didn't even help, it was all me! The pool used to be a non-chlorine, copper system (Ecosmarte). Well, after reading all about Ecosmarte on this forum, I knew that wasn't the route I wanted to go, so after all the reading I did on here, the pool is now a chlorine pool, my levels are finally just about where they need to be, and the water could not look any better. The pool was a swamp a few weeks ago. I am jumping for joy over here. Oh, and this is all without going to the pool store (actually, I did go once, just to get some liquid stabilizer, but I now buy that on Amazon), and by having my trusty TF100 test kit. Oh and PSA - Target has a Cartwheel special right now, 5% off bleach, combined with my Target Red Card, I got 10% off the store brand concentrated bleach yesterday, whoo hoo!

hsww7fq

jq2bla4

Love love love the color !! You should be proud. And I know the feeling of doing it yourself..my hubs is clueless. He's not a swimmer and could care less about the pool.. As long as he buys and hauls the bleach I don't really care.. :)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.