Dolphins VS Aquabot

Henry Porter

LifeTime Supporter
Nov 7, 2008
Sweden
Hi!
I'm planning on a robot cleaner and looked into this two models http://www.poolandspasupplystore.com/se ... ool/Detail and http://www.poolandspasupplystore.com/se ... und/Detail

We have a machine over here that also is called Dolphin it looks similar to the model above but not exactly the same. It most be variations depending where they are sold is my assumption. I have read positive rewies on that model(called Dolphin superkleen over here) from users but on the other hand does we not have many models to choose on. So I wondering if aquabot could be a competitor to the Dolphin?
I have also looked at Haywards Tigershark.
Open for any suggestion as long as I can get it in poolandspasupplystore.com

Thanks in advance!

I've been doing some looking as well and from my research it seems that the one of the big differences is customer service... as in pretty good for Aquabot and pretty bad for Dolphin. If I remember right Dolphin is made in China which is largely to blame for this far as I can tell. And for me anyhow, being in the USA, Aquabot seems to be the better choice and is made in the USA.

If you can afford a little more you should check into the Aquabot Turbo T models (Turbo T, Turbo T2 & Turbo T4)(I'm thinking of the T or T2) they have faster clean times and a couple of other added bonuses for the money... also, I've seen them on eBay (New, with caddy and extra filter bag) for $1200 or best offer with free shipping.

Having said all that I'm still not ready to take the plunge yet tho....

Dolphin brand is owned by Maytronics LTD. Maytronics is an Israeli company. My Dolphin has a made in Israel label.

Service in US is handled by Maytronics USA.

My Dolphin is two years old. Had an issue with wall climbing at first, contacted Maytronics USA and they sent different floats. No problems since.

My neighbor has an Aquabot that works quite well.

Maytronics does have presence in many countries of that helps in your decision process. Might consider contacting companies listed for Sweden and inquire about service.

Do not have any experience with Tiger Shark.

Not sure this helps with you decision, just wanted to let you know what I have experienced.

Thanks for a informative post Pat
I'm afraid that I don't have a chance to switch to the Dolphin cleaner. I have a hard time to even place my order. Mailed two sites but I have to mail them over and over before they come back to me. I will spend 2500 USD in their business but they don't seems to be so interested. I'm about to give up and buy the items here instead, but then I can't get what I want so I hope I'll be able to solve things out tonight.

What your post shows is what I have heard from resellers here. That you can serve the Dolphin in Gothenbourg so it's actually the same machine that are sold over here even though it looks a little different.

//Mats

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.