How many PPM of Chlorine does T-15 put out?

ned8377

LifeTime Supporter
Apr 30, 2015
Wake Forest, NC
I've got an old Aqua Rite T-15 still hooked up from the winter and will replace it with a new one that I have from last summer when it gets warmer and I want to run the pool 8 - 10 hours a day. Right now, I'm just putting bleach in every couple of days and mixing it in the water for a couple of hours. Since nobody's going to get in with water at 74 why run it all day? After checking FC and saw that it was 0.5-1 ppm obviously needed to add some bleach. Decided I would see if the old Aqua Rite worked at all. I've been increasing the salt gradually and it is now about 3,000 ppm checking with Strips and with K-2006. Aqua Rite says it is 1,000 ppm on one side and 2,500 ppm on the other polarity. Check salt lights blinking but not solid so it is generating. I turned it on Super Chlorinate since it will stay on the good (2500) side for 24 hours I believe. I took a water sample directly from the slide where the treated water comes out with no mixing with pool water. DPD says 2.5 ppm coming from the slide. I know my salt needs to be bumped up to 3200 and it might work better and if the water was warmer it might work better. In the mean time I will add a jug of bleach.

Does anyone know approximately how much chlorine in PPM a Aqua Rite T-15 is supposed to put out under ideal conditions? I've seen the number somewhere but just can't remember. Please help.

1.45 pounds of chlorine gas per day running 24 hours at 100%.

PoolMath can tell you how many ppm of FC that is in your sized pool. Use the "effects of adding chemicals" section.

jblizzle, I told you I was having a problem figuring out the answer. What is this, some kind of test? The purpose of this group is to help, not to intimidate. I'm glad I didn't ask you what a diving board is. Thanks for the answer JamesW.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Exactly, we are not here to give you every answer. We are here to teach you a method of pool maintenance.

Are you planning to ask every time you need to adjust a level?

If you learn to use the tools, you can do it yourself. To answer your first question required entering 2 numbers into PoolMath, the second question required entering the result of the first question into 1 other place ... was hoping to teach you ...

^jblizz, I just want to thank you for posting how to do that conversion...came up on a google search this a.m. when I was trying to estimate the daily production capacity of my new T15 in my 23k pool. Very helpful to know!!!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.