Do I Need A Check Valve & What's That Brass Thing???

Rebf

Jan 31, 2016
Southern CT
pool equipment pad.jpg We have just finished building our pool and I have a question about our equipment. Between the heat pump and the salt cell there is a brass(?) thing and a flow a flow switch. What is the brass thing? Do I need it? Also, shouldn't there be a check valve where that brass thing is? Sorry to sound vague and dense but I am really new to this.

Yep. Anode.

Nope. Don't need a check valve there. That other fitting down stream of the anode is a flow sensor for your SWG. If it doesn't detect flow, it will shut down so it's effectively a check valve. No flow = no chlorine production to back flow into heater.

Actually I think that particular fitting is a water bonder. But, it does look like you have an anode in the line between the filter and the heat pump.
It also looks like they have the nut on that split-bolt turned around backwards.

As for the check valve, you don't really need one.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.