Hybrid Pool with Stainless Steel Walls needs refinishing

I apologize if this has already been addressed in another thread but I couldn't find it. Last fall, I purchased a house with a 30 year old, 60,000 gallon hybrid IG pool with stainless steel wall panels on a concrete base. The base has been painted several times and it needs a refresh. Stainless steel panels have small areas of surface rust. I would greatly appreciate suggestions on how to refinish the concrete base. I have read that plaster is not an option because the joint between plaster and sidewalls will allow water behind the plaster.

If painting is the answer, does anyone have a suggestion for how to effectively clean the concrete without damaging the stainless steel with Muratic Acid? What has worked well to clean stainless steel wall panels? What type of sealant would you recommend for the stainless steel panel joint?

Thank you for your patience and assistance.

Thanks for pointing this out Richard320. I found the information very helpful but am still unsure how to properly prepare the concrete for a new finish if the Muratic Acid wash will damage the stainless steel walls. All the examples I have found have fiberglass walls which are unaffected by acid.

thanks

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.