Capacitor Polarity?

Nov 6, 2015
Houston TX
I have a 1.5HP pump (old Magnetek B2854 aka 717721624). My pump motor hums when it is turned on but will not turn over. I shut the power of at the breaker, verified that it wouldn't turn on, took the strainer out so I could get to the impeller to verify it spins freely (which it did). I then took the hump off the motor to get to the capacitor. I discharged the capacitor before looking at the leads and taking them off.

The capacitor has so much rust on it that I can't read the numbers but verified that it was a 370VAC 30 MF capacitor which is pretty standard for these motors it looks like. I got mine off Amazon for $15. My question is: I can't tell if there is polarity on the capacitors or if you can just hook the leads back up either way.

Here is the one I purchased. http://www.amazon.com/Motor-Capacit...&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.