pool leak, 50 year old plaster pool.

Hi there,

I've got a 50 year old plaster pool that appears to be leaking. With the pump off, water loss is negligible over 24 hours. With the pump on and one skimmer plugged, it looks like it's lost a little over an inch in 12 hours if I've got that right. There is no visible water in the pump house at the pump or filter. Can I conclude that the leak is in the plumbing between the skimmer I hadn't plugged and the pump?

Presumably the next steps are to call a pool company to confirm and repair? Deck is concrete. pump and filter are on a separate concrete pad in a shed.

thanks for any assistance you can offer.

really helpful pooldv, thank you. Based on your feedback I htink the culprit is a leak to the backwash line because I can hear it in the house, I think it's tied into our our household plumbing/sewer (have only lived in house for a year).

I found this post from a few years ago which matches what I'm seeing hearing here but the photos appear to be missing so I can't sort out what a push/pull valve is. I have a sta rite high rate sand filter with a multiport on top. Is the first place to start the o-ring and spider gasket?
thanks again.

Barry

Water leaking to the backwash line in a filter mode - photos

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.