Pasting photographs from Photobucket

Henry M

Silver Supporter
Oct 7, 2015
Coral Springs, Florida
Am trying to post pictures from Photobucket using the paste icon. When I hit the icon, it says "Paste as plain text". I can't seem to find the procedure for post as photograph. Anyone who is far less technical challenged than me have any clues? Thanks very much.

Am trying to post pictures from Photobucket using the paste icon. When I hit the icon, it says "Paste as plain text". I can't seem to find the procedure for post as photograph. Anyone who is far less technical challenged than me have any clues? Thanks very much.
Right above the compose box you see icons to switch to bold fonts, increase font size, insert a hyperlink, and paste an image. The image icon looks like a picture frame, I guess. Hover over each icon and it will tell you what it does. When you click it, a popup window appears. Select "from URL", paste the address in, and uncheck the "Retrieve remote file and reference locally" box lest you use up your allotment of space too fast.

Alternately, you can type (close up the spaces) [ img ] before the URL and [ / img ] after it.

Tried both, and still only text appears, not photo. The photo I want to paste is also on my computer. I tried that, using the paste icon, and got a message saying I used up too much space. What am I missing?
You used up your allotment of space posting the pictures of your stains.

You want the direct link, not all the mumbo-jumbo they put along with it. The file name should start with http and end with .jpg

Try just pasting the URL and let us look at it and see if we can make it an image.

Many thanks for your input. OK; I hit IMG on photobucket; yellow sign indicated "copied"; but I don't know how to paste it my TFP post. Is there an additional step I need to take on the Photobucket site? Is there anything I need to do on the TFP site to paste it?

Just right click and hit paste inside your post, check out the "how to post pictures" in my signature below :)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Good point jblizzle; hadn't considered that perspective. To kk_isme: I tried attaching direct from my PC recently, but got a message about having used up the allotted space for attachments to a post I made last year. It appears that once you've used whatever space is allowed for attachments, that's it; you can't attach anything anymore, which creates the need to use another source, like photobucket.

Because if you are not a supporter, you have very little storage space at TFP.

Although it would be best if everyone was a supporter and stored the pictures locally, so links may not get broken.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.