Hayward Automation with Pentair Pump?

divaofsongs

Bronze Supporter
Mar 25, 2016
Buckeye, AZ (Phoenix Area)
Hello everyone! I am a new pool owner and having a Hayward automation system with Aqua Connect installed next week. I currently have a Hayward Ecostart pump but was wondering if and when the Hayward pump is out of warranty and the time comes when I need to change the pump, can I install a Pentair brand pump and still use the Hayward automation system to control it? We will be installing the Hayward AquaPlus with SWG and Aqua Connect to remotely control it from a Smartphone.

I have contemplated waiting on automation but for $1500 I am getting the AquaPlus with SWGC and the Aqua Connect system, and that price includes everything, even installation, so I doubt I will ever find a deal like this again. We were originally going to move wait until we had to change out the pump and then move to a Pentair pump and automation system.

Any idea if we can use the Pentair pump with the Hayward automation in the future?

I agree. No issues with any brand single or 2-speed pump. But, you would need to stick with the Hayward EcoStar right now to integrate a VS pump. Hopefully soon some of the smaller VS pump with start to have the control ports (Pentair added some ability with the Superflo VS I think ... but need Pentair automation).

Reactions: bwallacefan03
"The Superflo, Pentair SuperFlo VS Pump 342001 | Pentair 342001, can have 3 preset speeds (you pick the speed) controlled by external relays in any automation system."

Pdv, are you saying that in order to control to operate the Pentair VSP pump at 3 diff preset speeds, that 3 diff aux relays will be required, [one for ea speed] or can one aux port run all three speeds [how]? if the former, that sure would consume a lot of your potential automation expansion slots. If so, I would just examine the costs/benefits of sticking w the same brand VSP and use the resident software to control the pump. One the other hand, how many pool users actually change or modify the speeds of their VSP on a reg basis, which indeed would require the same brand of both pump and controller?

I doubt anytime soon we are going to have an open systems architecture to allowing plug-in-play btw all diff brands. Talk about a warranty finger pointing nightmare...

Yep, 3 relays, 1 for each speed. Plug n play between mfg? HA! We haven't even gotten to the point of plug n play between pieces of equipment from the same manufacturer! LOL!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.