This is our first spring opening our pool that was installed last summer.
The water looks very clear! Very happy with that. Yes, there is dirt on the floor and some worms and other little debris, but I will vacuum that later today.
We have a SWG, but not using it right now since we do not have the pool salt on-hand yet and want to get the water balanced first.
#'s yesterday were
I added 20ppm CYA this morning to bring to approx 50 and then added some bleach 1 hour later which will add another 4ppm or so.
My question is should I shock the pool regardless of how clear the water looks and that the test shows "0" CC.
If I shock, since we are not using the SWG right now, can I shock to Non-SWG levels which would be around 20 or so? How long will it take for the 20 shock level to drop to a level that is safe to swim? The water is only 58 degrees, but anxious to get the solar going to raise the temperature.