Question about pre plaster clean

Feb 21, 2016
Houston, TX
I've got a crew working on pre-plaster clean, and I want to know how clean it should be. All of the mortars chunks from tile that dropped to side of pool
Should be gone?

This crew was going to leave some nails and loose gravel in the bottom of the shell and I made them fix that. Now, they pulled all of the equipment back off the truck and are working again. Using muriatic acid and a power washer to get the stuff off.

I just want to gauge how much they do at this stage.

Yes, all of that needs to be swept up and out of the pool. Plaster is only about half an inch thick. I don't know if the plaster guys usually do that or the clean up crew or both.

Ours was done by the clean up crew a few times, scraping with heavy steal poles with a blade at the end, then washed down and the water shop vac-ed out. I watered the gunite lightly a couple of times the night before and the plaster guys wet the gunite well one last time and did one last shop vac.

Thanks for the replies. I think the pre clean crew was trying to rush through it, knowing that plaster crew would then have to do what they didn't.

I'm pretty livid about that, as well as the fact that they dumped all of the shop vac water on the patio furniture? Why some subs have zero regard for personal property is beyond me.

Hooefull the water on the furniture wasn't because you asked them to do their job! But it probably was.

Build manager was extremely apologetic and also mad about the job that was done. We are scheduled for plaster on Tuesday, and he will be on site that day, as well as when they re-do all of the re-clean on the yard, which they will do after plaster is done. He said it was completely unacceptable, and they will make it right. The water poured over the furniture really ticked him off.

Thanks again for all of the help!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.