Rough plumbing pressurized with one joint that has a drip leak

Feb 25, 2016
Carlsbad, CA
Hi All,

Our rough plumbing has been completed and we passed inspection but are preparing for shotcrete this weekend. One thing I noticed was on the spa drain pipe one of the joints has a small drip that is leaking. It's not too bad but should the plumber fix this or is it common to have a small drip leak here and there?

Lastly, our skimmer placement is near our steps (I believe it was placed there because of the prevailing wind) but is that a bad place for a skimmer?

Thanks!

Please add your state to your location in your profile so that it show up over there <-----, climate is an important factor when we help you with your pool.

They should definitely fix the leak. Skimmer by the stairs is fine, it is good for it to be opposite of the prevailing wind.

It's still under pressure. I measured the drip and it's about 4oz per hour (a gallon every 32 hours). Am I just being picky? Considering the average family of four uses 400 gallons of water it doesn't *seem* too bad.

Good to know on the skimmer. I think we're going to use one of the PourALid products to better conceal it into the decking.

Thanks for the responses!

Pool plumbing leaks are a huge hassle and create all sorts of equipment problems. 0 leak tolerance is expected. You are not being picky. They should not even question fixing it and I expect they will fix it no questions asked.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.