Intellichlor and Easy Touch

Miscanthus

LifeTime Supporter
May 3, 2009
Now my Pentai Easy Touch is saying that my salt content is 9900 ppm. My salt read 4400 on salt strips. Can anyone help with this. The green light for high salt has been flashing ever since I calibrated it and today the green cell light is off. This is annoying.

Now it says 7150 ppm after I pumped some water out last night. I wonder if I calibrated wrong somehow? Also, my bad on the green cell light. The pump was not running. What about the high 7150 reading in the Easy Touch panel under Diagnostics?

Intellichlor has skeletons in it's closet. After pumping out more water and refilling, it now reads the salt at 3500 on the Easy Touch and the green "high salt" light is not flashing anymore. Go figure. I really think high salt screws with the intellichlor's very much.

Pentar tech says that I need to "disable" the IC40 at the Easy Touch control panel in order to calibrate. Instructions did not say this. He did say that if that did not work they would send me a new unit.

cobra46 said:
I'm going to recalibrate mine when I get home. Did he say exactly what disable means?
Yes, you set the Easy touch to "disable" under the settings menu for the Intellichlor. It prevents the chlorinator from communicating with the Easy Touch. I did this and it worked like a charm. He also said to be sure and get the salt down to 3500 ppm. I got my salt down to that range and went through the calibration steps and set the reading to "good" and pressed the "less" button and it locked in. I checked the reading on the Easy Touch and it read 3500.

Hi Miscanthus, glad you got it working! I'm finding that the AquaChek strips are pretty accurate, and just tested them against the Taylor K-1766 drop test with silver nitrate. My AquaChek strip read 3590, and the Taylor drop test was at 3400. Within 5% accuracy. Just wanted you to know that the AquaChek strips are realiable, so I would have trusted that 4400 number, which is high salt, as you know. Those Intellichlor readings can be so wonk. You did great at getting the salt levels down to perfect and calibrating!! Congrats! :goodjob:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.