New spa/hot tub owner

Apr 23, 2016
CA
Help needed

We just moved in and inherited this spa/hot tub .Want to avoid paying 95/mth for water checks and do it myself .Was hoping to drain and refill and start fresh (dont know when it was done last) .Have been unable to see any branding/tags /labels to learn about the spa ...does anyone know what brand this might be and if not can u help w the following :
-How to drain it sump pump or is there a built in (using aqualink RS)
-where would i find the filters ?
- there is a water feature but no pool or other drain outlet that i could find ....

Any help is appreciated ??

Hi we just got a house that cane with a spa/hot tub .I want to do my own maintainence on it but am unable to locate the brand or user manual etc.
Unable to post pics but it is a in ground standalone hot tub w water feature .
I cant see a drain or any branding on it .It is linked to a aqualink rs/Jandy remote which works fine .
I would like to drain refill swap out filters but havent found anywhere i could flip open to access those .
Please help

Re: Help needed

Welcome to TFP!

Get some Ahh-some and add it to your tub to clean it, then drain and refill. Here is the process I have used for several years to start up and maintain my tub. Works great! How do I use Chlorine in my Spa (or pool)?

Most hot tubs have a drain hose at the bottom below the control panel. Sometimes they are behind the service panel, also below the control panel.

Hey, that's an interesting way to plumb a hot tub! I have never seen that before. I do not see a filter, unless there is something inside the skimmer door. I don't see a way to drain either. You can start a siphon with a hose or get a small sump pump.

Thanks again ...I am scratching my head regarding those two.Interestingly there are no labels or markings on the Tub either to show the manufacturer etc.
Appreciate your response. I have just ordered a sump pump and plan on cleaning it out this weekend and filling iot ...now onto buying and learning about the chemistry of it

Hey, that's an interesting way to plumb a hot tub! I have never seen that before. I do not see a filter, unless there is something inside the skimmer door. I don't see a way to drain either. You can start a siphon with a hose or get a small sump pump.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.