Pentair IC40 No Power

Apr 10, 2015
Scottsdale, AZ
I have a Pentair IC40 setup and the there is no power or no lights coming on. Replaced the fuse and still same. I purchased a new Pentair IC40 since mine was 3.5 years old and was starting to have issues staying clean. Replaced Pentair IC40, but still no power. Opened the power center and appears I'm getting no power coming out of the transformer. Wires going in are hot, but wires going out are not. Just checked the wires with a non-contact voltage tester. I did find a replacement transformer online for sale. If I just replace the transformer will that fix my issue? Or do I need to just replace the complete power center?

I had the same issue with my IC40 hooked to the Intellliph control center. Removed the Intelliph and connected IC40 directly to power center and it works fine. Reconnected to Intelliph and same issue. Cleaned the IC40 and reconnected to Intelliph control center and seems to be working fine now.

I'm sorry I can't help you with the power problem. I just want to mention that any time your pump or SWG is out of commission you should use liquid chlorine to keep the FC level up in your water while repairs being made. We wouldn't want algae to get a foothold in, right? :rant:

Yippee :flower:

I had the same issue with my IC40 hooked to the Intellliph control center. Removed the Intelliph and connected IC40 directly to power center and it works fine. Reconnected to Intelliph and same issue. Cleaned the IC40 and reconnected to Intelliph control center and seems to be working fine now.

Checked this morning and all lights off again on IC40 while connected to the Intelliph control center. Reconnected directly to intellichlor power center and is working again. Will just add the acid manually. I really liked the ability to fine tune the IC40 via the Intelliph controller but can not be constantly worried that it is shutting on/off.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.