Ordering the TF-100 test kit

May 6, 2009
Hamilton, Ontario
I'm about to order the TF - 100 Test Kit. How often on average does one have to replenish the reagents? From the kit, which ones seem to run out first? I am considering ordering some refills at the same time as I order the kit Is this a good idea? Do the reagents go "bad" or is it feasible to order extras at this time? It would save me some aggravation of finding a source for when I do need a refill

Cheers

Unless you have some special situation, I would just get the standard kit.

The quantities in the TF100 are well balanced for normal usage. If you are doing a baquacil conversion or need to shock at high CYA levels several times the R-0871 can run out, but that is not common.

TF Test Kits includes enough for about two years of typical residential usage. The reagents can last for one to four years, depending on how carefully they are stored.

I do two FAS-DPD tests almost every day (pool and separate spa) and the original supply lasted about 3 months. I also got refills on the CYA test at the same time, but I've had trouble with my levels.
--paulr

Paul and Jason cite two very good examples.

If you test as frequently as most and have no issues, the reagents will certainly last more than a year.

However, if you test more often than average (and Paul does) you will run out of the R-0871 first. If you have CYA issues, you will probably run out of the R-0013.

So, if someone is looking to get plenty of back-up for the kit, I usually suggest an extra bottle of R-0871 and two extra bottles of the R-0013. (those are for the FAS/DPD chlorine test and CYA test respectively)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.