Can I attach this skimmer to my pressure side return with booster pump?

Apr 6, 2016
Louisiana
I recently laid to rest my Polaris pressure side cleaner and bought a Dolphin Nautilus Plus robot vacuum (unreal how clean this thing keeps the pool...100x better than my old Polaris). Anyways, since I've replaced it, I was wondering if I could attached this pool skimmer http://www.amazon.com/PoolSkim-Pool...=UTF8&qid=1461853146&sr=8-1&keywords=poolskim to my old pressure side return that ran off my booster pump to help with with all the surface debris I tend to accumulate? Or would that pressure side return be too strong? I wouldn't want to burn the booster pump motor. I was thinking it would be perfect though bc I could even use the timer to choose when I want it to come on and off. What you guys think?

if you have a 1.5 inch return or could make an adapter I think it would work good.. It would use more electricity because of the booster motor but you already have been using it so you know how much it would cost.. I think it is a bonus because of the timer :)

if you have a 1.5 inch return or could make an adapter I think it would work good.. It would use more electricity because of the booster motor but you already have been using it so you know how much it would cost.. I think it is a bonus because of the timer :)
You don't think the pump would "burn up" since I'm using it for something other than the Polaris? Someone mentioned to me that if I would turn the booster pump on without having the Polaris attached, it would burn up the boost pump. Don't know how true this is though.

a booster pump is just a smaller water pump just like your main pump, as long as it is pumping water through it is working as expected... was it designed to do this, no, can it work, I think it would but you will have to make an adapter to go into the 1.5 inch connection of the poolskim. How well it will work is unknown, I do not think I have heard of anyone doing this... if you do this you will have to take some pictures and let people know if it worked :)

a booster pump is just a smaller water pump just like your main pump, as long as it is pumping water through it is working as expected... was it designed to do this, no, can it work, I think it would but you will have to make an adapter to go into the 1.5 inch connection of the poolskim. How well it will work is unknown, I do not think I have heard of anyone doing this... if you do this you will have to take some pictures and let people know if it worked :)

Do you happen to know what the standard size is for the Pentair Legend pressure return wall fitting? How great would that be if it were 1.5" already?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.