skimmer/pump issue

Apr 27, 2016
columbus, ohio
I am new here and in the pool world and cant seem to find any information. Any help would be much appreciated.

I have a brand new aqua genie skimmer. The old one was replaced at the end of last season due to a leak. When the installer put this new one in he also opened an old return line that was previously blocked off/patched. The lone is 18in below the skimmer. We just opened the pool today and cant seem to get water flow when the pump is on. Does the aqua genie even need a separate return? Looking through installation instructions it doesn't seem so but we are lost.

My installer has been doing this for 15 yrs but never worked with aqua genie so he's not much help. Any ideas? We're ready to have the pool operational again!

Pool is inground 18x36. This is the only skimmer. Thank you!

Welcome to the forum. :wave:

There should be no relationship between the flow coming into your pool and the aqua genie (which takes the water out)

Is your pump priming? (Is the pump strainer basket filling up with water?)

Good morning and thank you for the welcome/reply. The aqua genie is actually unique in that it has a built in return. The pump is priming, well partially. It fills part way and then stops then continues that cycle

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.