Zodiac MX8 Elite - Suction Side Automatic Pool Cleaner

IrwinK

Apr 25, 2016
Orlando, FL
My pool is still under construction but I'm thinking about getting a pool cleaner.

For my previous pool I had a Hayward Navigator but have been leaning towards getting the MX8.

They now have a new 'Elite' model with brushes that actually scrub, but no reviews yet.

Also Leslie's has the exclusive on it but available in stores only :(
Zodiac MX8 Elite Residential Suction Side Automatic Pool Cleaner

Price is about $25 more than the MX-8 but there is a $125 rebate available on all MX-8 models.

Anyone have this. Also there is a kit to retrofit the brushes to any MX-8.

I have it down to the MX8 vs. ThePoolCleaner ... after a few reviews discussing the complexity of the MX8 and problems they were having and expensive repairs, I got ThePoolCleaner, which also has the advantage of working on lower flow rates allowing my skimmer to keep working better.

The brush idea sounds kind of nice, although turning more stuff requires a higher flow rate to work. And looking at the picture, I can not imagine the "brushes" lasting very long continually rubbing my pebble finish.

Thanks, appreciate the replies.

ThePoolCleaner by Hayward would now be my choice in a suction cleaner although the Hayward AquaNaut 200 or Phoenix which are all the same might be the one I choose. There are rebates & deals available on those. Might want to buy in a Pool Store so it can easily be returned.

Originally I was thinking about a Robot but they are more expensive, have a separate filter to clean and the cord has to stretch across the deck requiring removal after each use. Also they do use electric where my variable speed pump will run anyway.

Jason, I will have a screened pool cage so I won't have to worry about leaves in the pool.:cool:

Saw some specs for the 2x that say 32' x 16' My pool is 35' x 14' and mostly 4' deep except for drains area in center 5' deep. Also I have a step area on the side that makes it 19' wide for a 15' length in that area.
The dedicated suction line is next to the skimmer about a third of the way along the 35' length of the modified Roman shape pool. New Pool - Orlando Florida

My pool is not very big, but has a steep transition. I originally had a 4 wheel "The Poolcleaner" I bought the new 2 wheel version based on Zodiac's recommendation. It spends most the day in the deep end. I would spend a few more dollars and buy the 4wheel version. I've had both robots and several suction side cleaners. I don't get why anyone thinks a robot is more convenient. I leave my pool uncovered all year and run the pump a couple hours a day. The cleaner stays in 24/7, and I get several years out of them. Even though we can't swim during the winter, the pool is a focal feature of the yard, and I refuse to cover it. Also, I have many trees around the pool and just let the pump basket catch them.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.