Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Where to get a good test kit - Eastern Canada

1. Back To Top    #1

Where to get a good test kit - Eastern Canada

First full season with the new pool, and I'd like to get one of the good test kits.
    Does anyone happen to know where I could get one in my area? (Hopefully in Moncton)

I tried the links I found here, but I'm seeing that they can't be shipped to Canada.
    I found a link for Canadian customers, and I sent an email to the contact address xxxx@lowryassociates.ca.
    They replied with the contact info for their distributor here in Moncton. I called them, and they're a commercial distributor, and don;t sell to the general public. They gave me the names of the 2 pool places in town that they said can sell them.
    The first could order in a K-2006 kit, for $329 ....The other pool store had NO test kits available, except the strips.

There's ebay and so on, but I'm thinking I'd run into problems getting something like that shipped across the border...

Any Canadians out there that can offer help, preferably something in my city...?

Thanks!!
    The "I have never built anything in my life, summer of building stuff album"....Have a look!

21' AG w/ Overlap Liner
    10400 gallons
    Hayward SP2290 1hp Pump
    Hayward Xstream CC150CAN Filter
    2 2'x20' Solar Panels

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Where to get a good test kit - Eastern Canada

Both TF Test Kits and Taylor K-2006 cannot be shipped directly to Canada. I don't know what's the matter with Canada, but TF Test Kit's duraleigh can ship to all over the world except for Canada.
    My suggestion: get someone you know in the US purchase it and then ship it privately to Canada.
    This is my ticket for Heaven (when all's working..) :
    22k Gal gunite IGP, 38 SF Anthony DE filter, 1 HP Hayward Super Pump
    380k BTU Raypak Natural Gas Heater (Model RP405A) and solar cover
    8 gal Liquidator w/ 12% bleach, Dolphin Diagnostic Advantage robotic cleaner. 3800 ppm salt, 50 ppm borates.

3. Back To Top    #3

Taylor Technologies has an exclusive distribution agreement with Lowry & Associates in Newmarket, Ontario, 905-836-0505 (voice), 905-895-4539 (fax), mlowry@lowryassociates.ca
    All Taylor products in Canada must be purchased through them or one of their dealers.

Lowry & Associates adds a substantial markup to the Taylor prices.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

4. Back To Top    #4

The only place I have found handy in Canada is Apollo Pools. I don't have a link
    but Paul is a member here. Great guy to deal with
    16x32 inground vinyl 8' deep end
    1hp Northstar Pump, 20" Sand Filter
    6ft Double Lounge, 2 Aqua Lamps w/remote
    216sqft Sungrabber Panels (9- 2'x12') a little undersized

5. Back To Top    #5

19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School