Opinions please on adjustments of return jets and skimmer with picture attached

No, I have 2 main drains but they're both in the deep end. I took a look at the skimmer today looking from outside inward and noticed that it's gets REALLY NARROW as it goes in. I don't see a door or even a place where a weir door would have gone? Are you guys sure that ALL skimmers are made to have doors?

Yes, all skimmers have weirs. The opening should get narrow toward the back. There should be two holes at the bottom, one on each side. Maybe 3/16" or 1/4". Is the manufacturer listed on the underside of the lid? Measure your opening and take a look at some here, Pool Skimmer Weirs. Skimmer Weir Doors. Skimmer Weir.

Yes, all skimmers have weirs. The opening should get narrow toward the back. There should be two holes at the bottom, one on each side. Maybe 3/16" or 1/4". Is the manufacturer listed on the underside of the lid? Measure your opening and take a look at some here, Pool Skimmer Weirs. Skimmer Weir Doors. Skimmer Weir.

Ok I looked at it again this morning, it has some sort of plastic tab inside at the top that is about 2-3" long and sticks out downwards a little bit right in the top middle. I did notice every time I turn the pump off, the debris comes right out of the simmer and usually I have to net it all. I will look on the underside of the lid when I get home and report back.

As pooldv says most attach at the bottom, they may have little tabs that stick out from the frame, or they may have holes that tabs on the door stick into, of course if the skimmer frame had the tabs, then they may have broken off. Here is a youtube video on installing the above mentioned replacement skimmer that has some good generic information showing the tabs, etc AQUAPower Parts Walk-Thru, Installation Tips - YouTube (again no push towards this product, I just happened to know about this video since I watched it before installing my Aquapower skimmer, I don't want to sound like a sales troll for it, but I do use it and it does work, if it is worth the money is another debate)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.