Deck jets and pipe sizing question

Nov 19, 2012
My first post so I just wanted to say thanks for the wealth of information you guys have posted on this board. Every google search I've done while trying to educate myself has led me to this board and its been a great help.

I'm in the process of planning to add 3 deck jets and some sheer descent waterfalls to an existing pool. I have a 26k inground saltwater vinyl liner pool with two skimmers plus main drain and three returns. Sand filter and a 1.5hp single speed pump....soon to be changed out to a variable speed once I can figure out which one will work best. All of my plumbing is 1.5 inch.

So I want to add 3 pentair magic stream deck jets 58000. The pipe connection on these jets is 1.5". However the instructions say 1/2" is recommended and to use reducers. That seems very small to me. Is there any negatives to simply plumbing each jet individually with 1.5" pipe back to the equipment pad? My thoughts on the sheer descents are going to be (so far) two 12" ones and an 18" one that will be T'd off of a 2" inch pipe going back to the pad.

I'm concerned about not being able to get enough water volume for the water features to run together and was thinking the larger pipes on the deck jets would help. I realize that, for example, having 3 suction lines and 4 return lines for the water features could cause the pump to cavitate but was thinking that this won't be the case since the water volume for the deck jets will ultimately be retricted to 5/16" each. Let me know your thoughts.

I think it is actually a 1.5" connection port. "The supply piping to the Deck Jet water feature can be any size (1/2” recommended). The connection on the bottom of the body is 1½” slip. "

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.