Frog shorted out heater control board....

May 16, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
Pool opening was today and I kicked the year off with an unexpected expense. Pool opening crew had a hard time getting my brand new (installed last year) Rheem 206,000 BTU heater fired up. They opened up the heater and discovered 3 frogs behind the control board. One of them met an untimley demise by hanging out on the back of the board and shorted it out. 500 bucks later for a new board and I am back up and running. At least the TFP method is saving me money on pool chemicals but ouch. Apparently I am not alone as the crew mentioned that they had the same thing happen with a previous client with a Rheem unit. The crew I used is really good, they showed me the emaciated frogs, the fried remains of one of them, and the back of the board with the scorched skin.

Question: Anyone know of a frog repellent I can put behind the control board to keep Kermit from having a repeat performance? These control boards are not cheap!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.