Valve diffuser, need to be attached?!

cameradude

Bronze Supporter
Apr 26, 2016
Phoenix, AZ
I was taking the valve off of my sand filter to do a deep cleaning and the diffuser was not attached to the valve. The diffuser was stuck in the opening at the top of the sand filter so tight it took me 5 minutes with a screwdriver to wiggle it up enough to get a hold of it with a pair of pliers to remove it.

The filter seemed to work fine for the past 2 1/2 years like this, can I just put it back the way I found it and call it good? I know a replacement assembly is only $75 but I'd rather not spend it if it isn't neccessary, especially since I replaced the top part of the valve last year!

I never heard from anybody either way so I just slipped the diffuser back on (there is a tab to show you where to line it up on the valve assembly) and put it on the filter. The pump has been running for a couple of hours now, nothing out of the ordinary so far.

Sorry you never received a reply. Often times we wait on a post to let someone who may have experience with that same piece of equipment reply. In your case, after a day, no one chimed in. Hope by putting it back the way it was everything works fine for you. Have a good day.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.