Compupool water fault

x2rider

LifeTime Supporter
Jun 19, 2011
Bartlesville, OK
Another year, anther problem with compupool. Water fault from the start. Called them, they sent me a troubleshooting procedure which did nothing. I guess I'll be filing yet another claim.

Thinking about going with an aqua rite because I don't want to wait till next season to get a replacement if the do approve it.

I've spent enough in bleach during the ownership of this compupool unit to buy another unit or at least 2/3.

Any other ideas I can try?

Salt level ~3600 (test strip, will test again with my Taylor kit)

Cya 40
Ph 7.2
Ta 90
Chlorine level this morning 0, brought it up to 16

Just opened it yesterday, didn't turn the SWG in until late evening after putting in bleach, acid and stabilizer that morning.

b5180106ee519cb7bd26752b1d42b610.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here is what the manual says for troubleshooting. It looks like your flow is good, and you say your salt level is good. Maybe there is something messed up with your cable or cable connection.

Water Fault LED on.
Insufficient or no water flow through cell.
- Check that the pump is operating correctly and turns on and off with the chlorine generator with the timer.
- Ensure that pump strainer baskets are not clogged.
- Check that all valves are opened correctly. Check for any blockages.
- Clean or backwash filter if dirty.
Pump speed too low (for multi speed pumps)
- Increase the pump speed to ensure consistent and sufficient water flow through the Cell.
No salt in pool water.
- Add salt to pool water to reach required level of 3000-4000ppm (3500 ideal), see Table 1.
Cell Cable not connected to Power Module.
- Check that the Cell Cable connector is correctly fitted to the Power Module receptacle and the locking collar is tightened firmly.
Damaged Cell Cable.
- Check that the Cell Cable has not been damaged.
Very cold pool water.
- If the pool water is below 45° Fahrenheit, chlorine production will cease and the Water Fault LED will turn on. The pool should be winterized (see section 10.4)

Another year, anther problem with compupool. Water fault from the start. Called them, they sent me a troubleshooting procedure which did nothing. I guess I'll be filing yet another claim.

Thinking about going with an aqua rite because I don't want to wait till next season to get a replacement if the do approve it.

I've spent enough in bleach during the ownership of this compupool unit to buy another unit or at least 2/3.

Any other ideas I can try?

Salt level ~3600 (test strip, will test again with my Taylor kit)

Cya 40
Ph 7.2
Ta 90
Chlorine level this morning 0, brought it up to 16

Just opened it yesterday, didn't turn the SWG in until late evening after putting in bleach, acid and stabilizer that morning.

b5180106ee519cb7bd26752b1d42b610.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm having the same problem. This is my third or fourth year with my Circupool and its been anything BUT trouble free. Seriously thinking about tossing the whole thing and either buying another brand or going back to chlorine. I've had the whole unit replaced a year ago and still problems. Just seems like a lot of work and a LOT of shock to keep my salt pool clear.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I'm having the same problem. This is my third or fourth year with my Circupool and its been anything BUT trouble free. Seriously thinking about tossing the whole thing and either buying another brand or going back to chlorine. I've had the whole unit replaced a year ago and still problems. Just seems like a lot of work and a LOT of shock to keep my salt pool clear.

Compupool have been going downhill and dying, some are still going but most of the time we see people coming here with dead SWG's.. on a good note, The Curcupool's are doing very good now...

Dang it!

Mine is doing the same thing.

Noticed the water looked a little off. Water fault light on and "no water" on LCD.

Removed, cleaned and replaced the cell. Same.
Salt is 2800ppm. Water temp is 90.

Removed/Reinstalled Cell connection to head unit. Same.

Argh.

Called CompuPool and they said I needed to replace the Display Board.
They let me know I am out of warranty, but could purchase the part for $130 from an online pool store.
I asked, "what if that doesn't fix it?"
They replied, "my symptoms are text book for bad Display Board".

So, I am going to buy the Display Board and replace it.

The CompuPool choice has been a real pain in the rear for me. Haven't made it through a full season yet.

I did send the picture to them. The ribbon cable is attached to the display board and requires a special tool to remove it.
So, they are shipping a Display Board with ribbon cable on Monday.

The ribbon cable got fried by the coil on the Power Board.
I'll be sure to make sure the cable does not route over the coil when I install the replacement one.

Another week without the chlorinator. Argh!

I have one of these units. A couple tips I have found. I use dielectrical grease at the connections from the wire to cell to make sure there is excellent contact any oxidation causes impedance. I clean those contacts before every season and reapply dielectrical grease. Also because the unit gets hot do not mount it on a wall or house, I have mine on a shaded 4X4 post which I believe allows more air to circulate around the unit and keep it from overheating. One other thing that I do is not run the unit over 70% if I can help it. The higher the percentage the more heat the unit develops possibly leading to an overheating related problem. This is my 4th season with this unit and it has been working well. From time to time it may read over salt, but it keeps producing well, so I leave good enough alone. Also if you are waiting on parts it can take FOREVER from Compupool. And to leave you with something interesting the Circupool RJ60 Plus appears to be a great (High Output) unit from everything I have read and the reviews on here. Thoughts?

Guess who's back? Yes, the infamous no water indicator.

Salt had fallen to 2800, so I put 4 bags in bringing it up to 3600, cleaned out the basket in the pump, and rinsed the cell with the water hose. Cell plates look brand new, no scaling, wire connection is not corroded.

6a7c86121d54aa6e8de16354232632dd.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.