New Pool - Orlando Florida

IrwinK

Apr 25, 2016
Orlando, FL
Hi, I posted this under Introductions but think it should be here.

Shell was completed about 4 weeks ago. Most of the Plumbing, Electrical, Tile and Brick Coping is done. There are raised cement areas by the 3 Sheer Decent Waterfalls to complete, deck jet plumbing, footers for the Screen Enclosure, Pavers, followed by the Screen Installation. The last thing to be done according to the PB is the WetEdge Mediterranean Pebble Finish. I thought this would be done before the Screen. Hope someone can comment on this.

Pool Coping & Tile.jpgPhoto from 4-18. Only thing done in over a week was to grout bricks and plumbing for waterfalls and they started forms for raised areas in back of waterfalls. Also electrician did some wiring and havent' seen anyone since Friday.

Equipment Pad.jpg
I'll be posting more pics as project proceeds.

Here's a pic of the Equipment Pad. I'm not happy with the results.

The PB installed the inline Chlorinator with a U shaped loop with a 90 degree bend that goes into the ground after the chlorinator and then loops back above the ground to the valves that lead to returns, bubblers and deck jets. The PB says he does this on all pools now to keep the chlorine from the dissolving tablets from entering the pool when the pump is off. The pool is about 50' away from the equipment pad.

I wanted good plumbing and this U loop seems restrictive. I probable won't even be using the inline chlorinator after a year and will go to liguid chlorine or SWG.

Also the inline chlorinator was to be a Pentair Rainbow brand but he substituted an Aquastar Super Pro and he says it is a Rainbow. They do look the same.

Here's how it looked about a month ago when plumbing trenches were being dug right after shell was complete.
The job seems to be dragging along now. They show up for a few hrs. every few days.
At this rate looks like it will take another month 'till they finish. Then another month for water to be safe to swim. Was hoping to have it by Memorial Day but probably more like 4th of July.

- - - Updated - - -
Plumbing%20Trenches_zpsdmvrnhoh.jpg

Update on my pool construction.
This week they worked for only 3 hrs. They started laying
out the raised areas and the footer forms and have not returned.
Also the electrician started wiring and didn't return in a week.
The dig & shell went quickly but now it's my PB has 2 speeds 'Slow and Stop' as someone said on TFP
Building a pool is very stressfull :(
I'd like to show more pics but not much to show yet.

Thanks for encouragement. Hopefully next week I'll have more pics. There is still the possibility someone will show up on Saturday. They have done so two times.
Sure would like to see Pavers go in but they need the footers as I contracted to have the pavers over the footer and the screen on top of the pavers for a nice look.

That is a wall of dirt from the trenches! Would be fun for a kid to play on for sure!!

Have to hate the hit and miss work :( I bet they are hopping from one pool to the next to try to keep everyone happy but it does not work really.

It will get done and you will be floating in your pool and will have to look back through this build thread to remember the bad times!

Kim:cat:

The crew showed up today at 8 a.m. Even the PB himself was there for a rare visit that lasted about an hour.
There are new trenches going in for the pool screen footers and I see Green 4" pipe for a beefed up area floor drain that will be tied in with the super gutter downspouts.

Hopefully they work all day and get the rebar in so it can be inspected tomorrow and pour cement Wednesday. Then pavers can go in by end of week or early next week.

All that's left then is the pool screen by a subcontractor which might take 2 weeks per PB to measure, engineer and pre-assemble. The the Plaster by WetEdge last.

So might be filled with water by end of May. Do I really have to wait another month for it to be safe to go in?
Guess I'll be busy checking with test kit and asking here.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Hi Kim, Hard to pin down PB to talk about anything Will ask when they do the plaster.

Update: They worked for about 5 hrs and left probably to do part of another job. They dug put the forms for the trenches but no rebar yet. Hopefully they'll be back tomorrow morning. It is very hot here now in the afternoons - close to if not 90. Hey the pool would likely be 80 if it were filled now.

The Pool Screen Subcontractor called me today. He is ready to get going but needs the pavers installed before he can finalize his measurements. After measuring it will be 2 weeks as PB told me to complete the Pool Cage.
Then the plaster will be done.

Subs are getting busy now so there could be more delays if PB doesn't get these scheduled. Good thing that there is very little rain in forecast for May. Actually we has almost no rain here all of April.

Which PB are you using? I'm sure mine wouldn't have gotten done as fast as it did if I wasn't a) working from home and thus on-site whenever the construction supervisor was, and b) always giving the construction supervisor feedback on when the job for that day finished or an inspection was completed, which allowed him to immediately call in for the inspection/schedule the new sub.

Thanks everyone for the encouragement.

They're getting some work done today

Update: Putting in rebar now for Pool Screen Footers and raised areas behind the Waterfalls. Also installing the 4" deck area drains and plumbing for the deck jets.

Said they will work all day and get it ready for inspection tomorrow.

If all goes well could have Pavers going in by end of week.:)

- - - Updated - - -

0503161051.jpg

Didn't get the Pavers in but the Inspection is scheduled for Tomorrow (Friday) after the PB looks over the work.

Now hoping for pouring the footers Monday or Tuesday and Pavers by the end of next week.

Always losing days but it's getting there.

Update:
Passed Inspection for footers and bonding on Friday 5/6.
Electrician finished wiring the pumps (one with remote keypad kit), lights and Intermatic MultiWave Controller.

Got a call today that Footers will be poured tomorrow a.m. Wed 5/11.
Finally! I hope they show.

I'll be posting some more pictures soon - signed up for photobucket.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.