Post Pics of your Repo Rehab

Apr 13, 2009
Kingman, Arizona
It seems like there are a lot of people here are ending up neglected pools from forclosure deals (myself included). I thought it would be neat to see some of these brought back to life.
Ill start.
The neighbor asked me the day we moved in if I was going to clean it up because it was causing a mosquito problem for the whole area.
This is what I started with

Getting solid waste out (found a lot of beer cans, a mask, and some really nasty sludge)

And this is after a week of pumping/cleaning filter

Some dead algae I am still filtering out. (not as bad now as in pic)

Opening Day about a week after I got my TF 100 kit

This took about a month to complete and alot of equipment and chemicals. There is still alot of work I need to do, but so far so good.
I could not have done this without TFP
Cheers!

Looks great! Question and request for you: I have the same slide and I'm curious about the plumbing you have on yours. It seems to be modified for more water flow and I'd like to do the same. Looks fairly simple, but if you could put some pictures up of the slide's plumbing I'd appreciate it.

Ron

I had to replace all of the 1/2" flexible tubing from the 3/4" line and i did not change anything design wise. I dont have any past experience with these slides but the amount of water comming out isnt is much as I would have liked.
Here is the plumbing

There are 2 outlets with these small copper nozzles on the other end

Heres a pic of the water comming out. Not very impressive but it does manage to send my daughters just about in the center of the pool. :mrgreen:

Hey, Cochese -- I'd like to talk to you about your slide if you don't mind. I've got a project going where I'm refurbishing that exact slide. All I've got is the deck, so I'm preparing to do some minor patch work and paint it, and I have to figure out the direction I'm going to take with the ladder and water delivery system. I have the front legs set already worked out, but how I'm going to handle the other hardware (ladder/water connections) is still to be determined.

Do you know if your slide is an SR Smith Rogue? Or SR Smith Rogue Grand Rapids? That particular model is the closest I've seen to this slide (at least, in my research to identify the one I have).

Al

varuscelli said:
Do you know if your slide is an SR Smith Rogue? Or SR Smith Rogue Grand Rapids? That particular model is the closest I've seen to this slide (at least, in my research to identify the one I have).
In case you're inclined to have a look, I have some pics of the slide that matches the one in these photos in this thread:

Refinishing / Restoring a Fiberglass Pool Slide

My main question as related to this thread is about identifying the slide manufacturer (if anyone might know).

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I looked at the back of my slide and the Lettering says "Aquaslide: Brownsnake, Texas. That is the only labeling on the entire thing besides the sliding instructions on the ladder.

My plumbing goes directly off of the filter outlet before the 2" pipe goes underground. There is a hosebib style valve and it reduces down to 3/4" after the valve. It continues toward the slide and pops up right at the ladder base. The 3/4" piping goes all the way to the top of the ladder then reduces down to the 1/2" flextube.

The water comming out of the slide is lackluster and after running it for a season and a couple cheek burns, I think it needs to be modified to shoot more water. I'm upgrading my pump/filter combo in a couple weeks and if that doesn't do it, I would like to figure a way to run 3/4 throughout and put better nozzles on.

I hope this helps and sorry for the delayed response

Cheers,

P.S. I love the temporary slide you have set up :cheers:

That tells me a bunch, Cochese!

I've been thinking all along that this slide is an S. R. Smith Rogue, but now I think differently.

From those clues, my bet is now that you have an Aquaslide 'N Dive Duke slide -- which should have three legs measuring (if they haven't been cut down for installation) 24, 27, and 48 inches. Your slide *seems* to have three legs...I can't tell if there are four from the photos, but it looks like three. Do those leg lengths look right to you for your slide? or is there at least a 3" difference between the two shorter legs, then a 24 inch difference between your slide's shortest and longest legs?

The slide I have has four legs, which would likely make it an Aquaslide 'N Dive Queen (with legs measuring 24, 27, 48 and 48 inches). That's something I REALLY needed to know, since the S. R. Smith Rogue (which I thought mine was) has different leg measurements (21, 24, 43 and 48). If I hand cut my slide's legs to that length, I would have not had the right leg set lengths...or at least the difference in lengths (regardless of how short they are cut for final installation) would have been off and likely skewed the slide plane. I can verify all this before I do my final leg cuts, but this will make my estimates much closer...if indeed mine is an Aquaslide 'N Dive Queen.

I'm not sure if this has any meaning to you (given your complete looking slide), but http://www.poolcenter.com seems to sell a limited number of replacement parts for these slides (if I'm right in what these slides really are).

http://www.poolcenter.com/parts_deck_eq ... _parts.htm

The following link seems to indicate that http://www.propools.com still sells parts for these slides, too.

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Where_can_you ... ide_ladder

In any case, your answer is (I believe) helping me in identifying the slide model and my parts needs. If you'd happen to have time at some point in the next few days to measure the legs on yours and pass those measurements along, it might help me even more (verification-wise)... :goodjob:

PS,

I'm also seeing some indications that the Aquaslide 'N Dive Duke is alternately known as the SR Smith Frontier III. I'm not sure how or why that strange name connection is there, but I'm seeing parts lists that look the same for both these slides. (Both described as parts lists for a three legged slide sometimes shown as the Aquaslide 'N Dive Duke and sometimes shown as the SR Smith Frontier III. Very strange.

I think (for what it's worth) that the SR Smith Frontier III might have evolved into the SR Smith Rogue. Both (or neither) might somehow be related to the Aquaslide 'N Dive Duke and Queen.

My head now hurts. :p

And as a further update, it seems as though Aquaslide might have become a part of SR Smith at some point in the past and thus the older Aquaslide models evolved into the newer SR Smith models. So, it might have progressed something like Aquaslide 'N Dive Duke/Queen > SR Smith Frontier > SR Smith Rogue Grand Rapids.

I'll bet I'm getting pretty close to the historical sequence...not that it helps me much with parts I need, since I'll still likely have to build or modify most of my own. :|

Apologies for retelling a story that had been discussed in other threads, but I guess our story fits in here.

We bought a house last summer, one that came with a very old in-ground pool. We're told the pool was built in 1931, and is the oldest in-ground in the county. But when we first saw the house, the pool had not been used in well over two decades. It was an absolute swamp. And worse, a week before closing on the house, our bank told us that the bank *they* would be selling our mortgage to refused to move further unless the pool was a functioning one at the time of closing. I had been planning to use the whole summer to work on the pool (it looked like a summer's worth of work: a dead pump and busted filter; unusable electrical wiring that ran to the pool from who knows where; the completely unknown state of the pool's internal plumbing, etc.). Suddenly, we were faced with the thought that we might lose a really wonderful house, unless we could make the pool work, and quick like. So we rented a pump, drained the thing, I bought pump, filter, and much PCV, dug a trench to get dependable power out there, cleaned, scrubbed, painted, and filled.

And it worked!

At the start:
100_2290.jpg

Drained and partly de-mucked:
100_2295.jpg

Cleaned:
100_2304.jpg

Painted:
100_2312.jpg

Voila!:
lengthwise.jpg

Now that its "done" (but is it ever?), I'm actually rather glad we faced the deadline. It forced the project along, and without the pressure, I may well have been completely daunted by what looked like a daunting challenge. And we got a lot of use out of the pool last summer. I could never have done with without the TFP community. A thousand thank-yous to everyone!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.