Too Far Gone?

May 26, 2015
Smithville
IMG_1807 (1).jpgIMG_1808.jpg
Hello TFP Nation!

My wife and I purchased a home with an in-ground pool last spring. Thanks to this site, the learning curve for opening it last year was shorter than it should have been.
That said, the pool is jankety at best. I will save you all of the details, but one item of concern this year is a previous patch that has separated from the liner.

Based on the pics, is the liner too far gone or can we put a patch on the top side to get us through one more year? This fall we will be undertaking a very large pool remodel (all the concrete torn out, all new electric and plumbing, new liner, etc.).

Thanks in advance.

Rob

Hi, welcome to TFP! Looks like it has been patched in that area twice already. You can give it a try, but I'm not too optimistic. If you try you will need a patch about 6" longer than the hole on either side, and as close to the top of the liner as possible. Layer a second, longer patch on top of the first.

You can get another season out of it. My patch kit has pieces that are 23" x 6". It's not going to look good, but you should be able to make it work. You could also think about getting it replaced at the end of the year before you close (if you close). That would save you a little bit of money with not needing to fill the pool to the top.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.