backwashing

Melody

And once we get this under control the Intex SWG should handle it just fine. But As Kim says throw in half a bottle of bleach each day to keep the algae from getting worse. Once you get a test kit we will then turn off the SWG and kill the algae with bleach. Once its dead you can switch back to the SWG.

Melody

And once we get this under control the Intex SWG should handle it just fine. But As Kim says throw in half a bottle of bleach each day to keep the algae from getting worse. Once you get a test kit we will then turn off the SWG and kill the algae with bleach. Once its dead you can switch back to the SWG.
cool. I just put that half jug of bleach in. I'll go tonight to pick up some more. and just to ease everybody's mind. Here's some pics.
69a7465460bbef0d7f3c3465ebf8be2d.jpg

f0b4b10e72d69c583c49a4e749f11040.jpg

and pressure gauge reading.
e5af94e263a771ee675a8aa6f2d92156.jpg

Intex 18/52 pool at 7000 gsllons.
vinyl sift sided pool
intex 1500 gph sand filter and intex swg at 1500 gph.

Melody, That is awesome news! You are going to love how your pool looks when we are done with it!

You can also add 1/2 jug of bleach (plain, unscented bleach) each day with the pump running.

Kim
rain. is in the forecast tonight and tomorrow. it is currently pouring. do I go ahead,and continue with the half gallon of bleach every day?I was going to boost but with it raining it probably would be best to wait.

I was going to do the chlorine loss test tonight and tomorrow but perhaps I should wait till 1, my test kit gets here, and 2, the rain to pass. what do you think?

vinyl sift sided pool

I would add the 1/2 jug no matter what BUT do not bother doing the OCLT until you get your test kit. We want it to be as purrfect as we can get it.

Lets save you some typing.....to add your signature go to "settings"-upper right hand, "edit signature" middle left hand side, put in pool type, size, equipment, test kit, etc.

This will help us help you.

Kim:cat:

hmmmmmmmm...
sitting in the dentist office, killing time shopping larger sand filters.
not that I really need it, but was curious how much it would be to upgrade.

vinyl sift sided pool

update:

I haven't needed to backwash again, and I didn't have to backwash last Monday like I thought I would have to.

I ran a swg boost cycle, and added bleach. I haven't done anything else as of yet. I had some other things going on last week. niw it has rained, cloudy and cold, at only 59 today. I am trying to see if the weather will clear up so I can go test, clean and maintain before I go out of town next week.

vinyl sift sided pool

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.