CYA and PH counter measures

Apr 18, 2016
iowa
I just filled my pool. Im getting ready to Start balancing my water. I know that they CYA will drop my PH. The part that Im unsure about is, Will my PH only drop while the CYA is dissolving and it will come back up again on it's own, OR will I need to manually counter act this? I had to wait a Day to get my chemicals so at this point i have only added some bleach just to be proactive.

Current Readings- Via Test Strip ( bad I know, working on what test kit is Right for my 3 month Budgeted swimming season )
Salt 0
FC 1.5 or less
PH 7.2
CH ? testing today
TA 80
CYA 0
Temp 50°

I just filled my pool. Im getting ready to Start balancing my water. I know that they CYA will drop my PH. The part that Im unsure about is, Will my PH only drop while the CYA is dissolving and it will come back up again on it's own, OR will I need to manually counter act this? I had to wait a Day to get my chemicals so at this point i have only added some bleach just to be proactive.

Current Readings- Via Test Strip ( bad I know, working on what test kit is Right for my 3 month Budgeted swimming season )
Salt 0
FC 1.5 or less
PH 7.2
CH ? testing today
TA 80
CYA 0
Temp 50°

Whether your season is 12 months or 3 months, proper testing is important. In fact, I'd almost say it's MORE important with a short season. Only so many days to enjoy the pool so make sure you're testing right and chemistry is correct for all of them!

TF-100 or K-2006 is a must with the TF-100 being the better value. If you store it well and don't need to SLAM, reagents could last you two seasons.

Whether your season is 12 months or 3 months, proper testing is important. In fact, I'd almost say it's MORE important with a short season. Only so many days to enjoy the pool so make sure you're testing right and chemistry is correct for all of them!

TF-100 or K-2006 is a must with the TF-100 being the better value. If you store it well and don't need to SLAM, reagents could last you two seasons.

I though this too, However my swim season will be from mid May to early August. My wife is a teacher and our swim season will be decided alot by this.After schools starts there will be very minimal time to use it. I also live in a cold climate so my pool will be Drained and taken down by early September. So I have 3 months to keep my levels in balance. Reading pool school it recommends a simple 2 way test kits for temporary pools. I would honestly like a half step between that an the TF100 K-2006.
I have been looking at the k-1004 kit or a pool master kit. I just haven't had time to research them yet.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.