Athens, GA - USA
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
I did my opening over the weekend. Finally got the water high enough to turn on the filter. But when I did, the pressure gauge was reading zero. After looking closer, I noticed that the needle is on the wrong side of the gauge. Is this something that can be fixed, or do I need to start looking for a replacement?

ACWIlLcwSKR5V7FPsTylYXBmnjuVmXlWubHuAmzN8Ft21aRuveUXHoAkPdN7qrM5mFDpkcAZNPLk_zNhdpil5li6KnxPXnqmH8fbrO3Mo8ET0SdpvmskzPtq9QfrOJdwz-Dr5e8AB75uf44v1jej7wSgPWUqddW1Ppib_CeDukQ4l39o4tpGXgAc1YZf_jKKjylTRknMiN9hWSr6vRzdFEUsYlcKf_shvsnH43mU-JXzC8UClf5AVdAfAFjEqS161BEe6iVfPnStJvJSfWQ6kus8XkLZ5TGEG_HmJg4nBnRaXoazJU7wkdlfqrIApLMayVjxtaIDq5kvLjaQne7jFcR4qSpr_yKEjTQs9dx5MwEbqwvTWNPJj7fK9XsKj1YzYcTtC-MxQkPKGRn4Zn78fG_GevSjG9ZkWjHmSGo8ZgRNwGZgPSJ6PrbDmUSVAWAcniiYXBXZp-86Oj28gxCeIS_mXDwyhO39fNzMeMOvRRk8VwOKsknm3wRrmUTAzAuvhwsMPfGFRfGE268zzoGcJV-d3-Ipz4065Wxq97VwoMJp2NqQcsgnXN49zcVZi_JiLBVGBA=w1027-h770-no

Last edited:
Re: Broken Pressure Gage?

You could try a couple sift "love taps" to see if that needle just got stuck or something. Also make sure someone didn't just turn the outer dial to make it look like it's off. If you must replace it, TFTestkits.com has a couple very nice gauges that may work for you at a very affordable price. Hope that helps.

Re: Broken Pressure Gage?

Yeah... I have it a few friendly taps with no movement. The return water feels to be close to 4psi which is about where it usually is with a clean filter on low. I guess I will start looking around. Are the sizes pretty standard for sand filters?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.