Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Outdoor Shower pictures!

1. Back To Top    #1

Outdoor Shower pictures!

As many of you we strive to create our own piece of paradise in our backyard.

Two weeks ago we decided to re-built an outdoor shower. The original one was hooked up to a garden hose and we used a camping heater to get hot water to it, to say the least it was a hassle and I also didn't care for the shower curtains.

Well, we finally have our cabana (shower/changing area) with hot/cold water, a light, etc. See Pictures!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    NCSalt! IG - Mountain Lake 21x40/Vinyl Liner Fiberglass stairs/Hayward Sand Filter/Polaris 3900 w/Booster-pump (5060)/SWG Aqua Rite-Prologic-T-15 cell/Hayward Elec. Heat Pump/2 skimmers/Gallons: 18900/900 sq ft stamped concrete/Concrete Coping/TF100-Test Kit Hot tub: Dynasty Spa/Neptune Series, 5-person, 400 gallons, carbon filter plus 2 regular filters, LED color lights. "I control my pool, and not the other way around":-)

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Outdoor Shower pictures!

more pictures!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    NCSalt! IG - Mountain Lake 21x40/Vinyl Liner Fiberglass stairs/Hayward Sand Filter/Polaris 3900 w/Booster-pump (5060)/SWG Aqua Rite-Prologic-T-15 cell/Hayward Elec. Heat Pump/2 skimmers/Gallons: 18900/900 sq ft stamped concrete/Concrete Coping/TF100-Test Kit Hot tub: Dynasty Spa/Neptune Series, 5-person, 400 gallons, carbon filter plus 2 regular filters, LED color lights. "I control my pool, and not the other way around":-)

3. Back To Top    #3

That's fabulous!
    TFP Moderator TF100 Test Kit TF100 TestKit YouTube Channel PoolMath
    You're done SLAMing when:
    1)You lose 1ppm or less FC overnight, & 2)You have .5ppm CC's or less, & 3)your water is clear.

~ One should not use a sledge hammer to swat a mosquito. ~

If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

4. Back To Top    #4

Thanks Butterfly! It definately helps to cut down on me having to clean our regular showers Got to love summer time!!

5. Back To Top    #5

Quote Originally Posted by NCSalt
    Thanks Butterfly! It definately helps to cut down on me having to clean our regular showers Got to love summer time!!
    We had one similar at our place at the beach. Everybody loved it! It's fun to shower outside ....with privacy, of course

Oh yes, anything that cuts down on the inside cleaning is a good thing!
    TFP Moderator TF100 Test Kit TF100 TestKit YouTube Channel PoolMath
    You're done SLAMing when:
    1)You lose 1ppm or less FC overnight, & 2)You have .5ppm CC's or less, & 3)your water is clear.

~ One should not use a sledge hammer to swat a mosquito. ~

If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

6. Back To Top    #6

Quote Originally Posted by Butterfly
    We had one similar at our place at the beach. Everybody loved it!
    That's were we've got the idea from...we used to have a beach house w/ an outdoor shower, and hubby really missed it...and yes, the privacy factor is necessary...regardless of the outdoors

Cheerio!

7. Back To Top    #7

Where did you get the showerhead from?
    18,000 IG pebbletec with a waterfall and four deck jets. Intelliflow VS3050, Pentair Trinton TR100 sand filter, heater and Pentair Easytouch w/ SWG.

8. Back To Top    #8

Is there a drain?
    11000 Gals, Intelliflo, Sta-Rite Cartridge, Polaris 360

Pool I built in my old house: my-new-pool-build-t4534.html

9. Back To Top    #9

Looks great!

An outdoor shower is on my list of things to install around my pool too. Nice to get some good ideas!

Jim
    Fortune favors the well prepared

The build...
    viewtopic.php?t=3974
    Freeform 24' x 38' IG gunite. 3 1/2' to 8' deep. 28,500 gallons. AutoPilot Total Control SWCG. Pentair Intelliflo VF. Pentair CCP520 cartridge filter. Colorlogic LED lights. Tahoe Blue Diamond Brite. 1200 sq ft stamped concrete deck.
    More details as they happen...

10. Back To Top    #10

Am I the only one that saw the thread title and came in here looking for bikini pics???
    My Pool:
    12K gal IG gunite with 7' raised spa, gunite waterfall, PebbleTec Caribbean Blue finish, solar heating & in-floor cleaning system

Equipment: Sta-Rite 300' Cartridge Filter, Intellichlor IC20 SWCG, Sta-Rite 400k BTU heater, Intelliflow 4x160 main pump & Sta-Rite 3/4 hp waterfall pump, EasyTouch controlls w/ wireless controller, TF-100 Test Kit w/ salt test.

11. Back To Top    #11

Quote Originally Posted by PHXAZ
    Where did you get the showerhead from?
    From our local Lowe's Store...it's a Moen Rainshower Head!

12. Back To Top    #12

Quote Originally Posted by cobra46
    Is there a drain?
    It's built on top of a deck that is built on a slope, the slates have enough spaces between them to act as a drain and underneath is North Carolina Red Clay and leaves to catch it

13. Back To Top    #13

Quote Originally Posted by EskimoPie
    Am I the only one that saw the thread title and came in here looking for bikini pics???
    HAHAHA....here is a little for ya....!
    Maybe I can catch my pool-boy in a speedo for ya

14. Back To Top    #14

Are you still heating from the camping heater? For the life of me I'd like to run hot water to ours but can't figure a cost effective way to do this. Any suggestions?
    18k free form IG w/spa (4 jets), Paramount in floor cleaning system, Starite system 3 filter, Jandy 2hp ePump, Sta-Rite SR400LP Maxi-therm propane heater, Jandy aquapure/apurem 1400 SWCG, Jandy automation PS4 w/PDA, IntelliBrite 120v 5-G LED pool & spa lights, 2" piping and (3)4x12 (5)4x10 Fafco Sunsaver Solar Panels.

15. Back To Top    #15

Quote Originally Posted by towney
    Are you still heating from the camping heater? For the life of me I'd like to run hot water to ours but can't figure a cost effective way to do this. Any suggestions?
    Oh, no, no, no...the camping heater is gone....we had a plumber connect the lines to the house through our crawl space. The pipes are run along side the fence below the shower area towards the house and connected to the main water line. It's worth the money, the camping heater may work for camping but was not cutting it for a hot/cold outdoor shower....well it worked for cold, because then you did not need the heater....

Hope this helps!
    Cheerio,
    Tanja

16. Back To Top    #16

In the Industry

NC,

I may have missed your posts.....how does your pool water look?
    Dave S. - Forum owner
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

17. Back To Top    #17

ONLY in Raleigh, NC!
    93mastercraft - Aqua Leader Reflexion 21' round 54" high above ground pool. This is not a $399.00 Pool! Wedding cake steps, Haywood 1.5 pump/sand filter. If I'd thought taking care of a pool was this easy, I'd owned one a long time ago!

18. Back To Top    #18

Love that! Wish I had one.

19. Back To Top    #19

Quote Originally Posted by 93mastercraft
    ONLY in Raleigh, NC!
    Absolutely....Raleigh ROCKS
    And so do the PEOPLE that live here

Cheerio,
    Tanja