Changing liner need help with floor.

Sarman

Apr 23, 2016
Athens, GA
So after3 years of not having the pool we have decided to replace the liner and fix the floor. I have noticed that the sides and floor appear to made of sand. Some place it is still packed in tight in the sides and on others it has collapsed. I have removed the sand to get measurement for the pool liner, but now I need to rebuild/fill-in the sides.

Anyone know what type of sand could have been used? It looks white and hard on the sides, but where it has collapsed looks reddish. (Probably a little Ga red clay in there)
could this have just been masonry sand? Would that be ok to pack back on the sides and replace the liner? Wondering if it would hold up.

The last liner was good for 10 years before a critter feel in and shredded it before climbing out. I always noticed the imperfections in the sides and bottom, but never cared about it.

Any help would be appreciated!

Welcome to TFP, yes you can use normal masonry sand, I have not seen white sand in a pool but as long as it is sand does not matter.. sand is the lowest price option that works :)

As another option, many people including myself have gone to foam sheets instead of sand, no footprints and a nice soft bottom, you would also need foam cove for the sides..

here is what i was going to use before I changed pools..

Amazon.com : Blue Wave 48 in. Peel and Stick Above Ground Pool Cove - 19 Pack : Swimming Pool Covers : Patio, Lawn Garden

And this is what I used for foam under the liner.. some people use the 1/2 inch and works also... check out my build in my sig below, I have pictures of the install..

Shop Kingspan Insulation R4 Unfaced Polystyrene Foam Board Insulation (Common: 0.75-in x 4-ft x 8-ft; Actual: 0.75-in x 4-ft x 8-ft) at Lowes.com

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.